Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gateway updated to 21.20.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@astrorob Are you sure some of the page elements aren’t being cached in your browser for the local interface and that is why you are still seeing the UI element for the off grid button?

My button went away with my downgrade.

that's certainly possible. i can try flushing caches etc.

edit: actually - i just reloaded the tab and the 'go off grid' button is gone. so indeed it must have been some kind of browser caching issue.

Reactions: jhn_
Pretty sure I can see why now, at least from my Gateway v2.

Take a look at the attached image, you can see that every 45 minutes or so the gateway is either losing its network connection and then rejoining or the gateway is restarting.

You can see the section where the software update/downgrade occurs and now all the lines are flat again. Looks like they've pulled it for some type of stability issue.

Attachments

• Gateway.PNG
    Gateway.PNG
    112.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Pretty sure I can see why now, at least from my Gateway v2.

Take a look at the attached image, you can see that every 45 minutes or so the gateway is either losing its network connection and then rejoining or the gateway is restarting.

You can see the section where the software update/downgrade occurs and now all the lines are flat again. Looks like they've pulled it for some type of stability issue.
I am still on new stuff. Now I have hardwired, no wifi, is this going to make a difference. Anyone who got pushed back hardwired?

i'm on wifi but didn't experience any dropouts until the moment the powerwall rebooted. however, this is exactly the kind of bug that ships - works with some wifi protocols reliably but not all, so would not be surprised if that's what happened based others' experience with wifi.

honestly though, if they found a bug with wifi and then selectively reverted if the user happens to be on wifi, that's really asking for trouble too. it bifurcates the problem needlessly and what happens if for some reason a user switches to wifi? you have to have server-side code to keep looking for new wifi-connected 21.20.2 systems and downgrade them. more code == more opportunities for random bugs.