Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a different topic...does it seem like there needs to be a new thread/board/place for the influx of people joining just to unload their model 3 at premium prices that they appear to only have taken delivery of to make $ on the tax credit? They're starting to clog up all the sales sites as well, adding alot of noise to the search! :)

On a different topic...does it seem like there needs to be a new thread/board/place for the influx of people joining just to unload their model 3 at premium prices that they appear to only have taken delivery of to make $ on the tax credit? They're starting to clog up all the sales sites as well, adding alot of noise to the search! :)

The noise can be a benefit if you think you spot a deal and others look past it.

I'll never forget the George Brett rookie card I picked up on eBay for $16 once. I can't remember if the ad was misspelled or just put up during the off season. Just the other side of the coin. :)

i've come to the conclusion that my car is a "UNICORN CLASSIC" since so few cars have manual folding mirrors and no parking sensors.

there's a huge benefit to manual folding mirrors. they are much cheaper to fix or replace should anything ever go wrong, plus no motors to break. ;-)

also no annoying "ding ding" from parking sensors or AP. no oddly vibrating steering wheel making you think that a road with nobody on it wants to see your turn signal.

of course i say all this in jest. kinda wish my car had parking sensors. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: morrisdl
i've come to the conclusion that my car is a "UNICORN CLASSIC" since so few cars have manual folding mirrors and no parking sensors.

there's a huge benefit to manual folding mirrors. they are much cheaper to fix or replace should anything ever go wrong, plus no motors to break. ;-)

also no annoying "ding ding" from parking sensors or AP. no oddly vibrating steering wheel making you think that a road with nobody on it wants to see your turn signal.

of course i say all this in jest. kinda wish my car had parking sensors. ;-)

My car did come with parking sensors, but when I first picked up my car, I had them retrofit folding mirrors on it. 18 months later, I feel like I kind of wasted my money on the mirrors. I've had them replaced once, and really for my parking situation, I don't need them to fold. At this point I'm turning off the auto-fold option.

Reactions: Olds442
The only thing I really like about the auto-folding mirrors is that they are a visible indication that the car has locked itself. Because the only way I have of locking my new Model 3 is to walk away from it and let the car lock when it realizes I've moved away, which I don't entirely trust, or pull my phone out of my pocket, unlock it with my passcode since fingerprint ID is flaky, then scroll to the screen with the Tesla app, open the app, and press the Lock button.

With an old-fashioned fob, I'd pull it out and press one button. With the Prius I get out, close the door, and press the door button. But with the Model 3 I either have to take a couple of minutes futzing with my phone, or trust it to lock itself. Were it not for the folding mirrors, I'd always be worried the car was not locked.

I was looking at some P85Ds for sale, and came across one that the D was not red (see attachment). Is that normal? I just don't have enough knowledge to know. Or is it a fake of sorts?

Attachments

• p85realorfake.jpg
    p85realorfake.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 74
I was looking at some P85Ds for sale, and came across one that the D was not red (see attachment). Is that normal? I just don't have enough knowledge to know. Or is it a fake of sorts?
it also looks like the "D" is black.
The "P" looks out of alignment - too high. Maybe it is a D, but not really a P
i've noticed a lot of "P"s that are higher than the "85" on "P85D" cars.

I have a general question. Is there an iOS app for TMC? If so please explain to me how to get it. If not, one of you geniuses here should build one. Would be nice to get alerts when for sale cars are added to the market. Thanks

There is not. But you can subscribe to a forum by 'watching' it - click on "Watch Forum" at the top of the forum page:

upload_2018-3-23_8-56-20.png

This way, you'll get an email and/or alert whenever someone adds a new thread to the forum.

I think there was also Pushbullet integration, but I've never used that/set it up. I don't see it there now.

Reactions: Toppatop55
it also looks like the "D" is black.

i've noticed a lot of "P"s that are higher than the "85" on "P85D" cars.

The VIN (specifically 8th digit) probably tells whether it's a real P (or D) or not - Decoding Tesla Model S VINs

You are right, it is black. What's up with that?

I went through the decoder also, since this is pre 2015 the code is inconclusive, as best I can tell. Here's a better picture:

pd.jpg

I went through the decoder also, since this is pre 2015 the code is inconclusive, as best I can tell.
Contact the local service center with the VIN and ask them what it is. You should do that anyway before buying any car to make sure it isn't a basket case (yes, they won't give you detailed service history, but every Tesla service advisor I've spoken to will give a verbal overview of the history).

You are right, it is black. What's up with that?

I went through the decoder also, since this is pre 2015 the code is inconclusive, as best I can tell. Here's a better picture:

Do you have physical access to the car? Jump in and look at the touchscreen "Driving" tab and see if it has Insane (or Ludicrous) mode. I would bet it does not, which means it's a regular 85D.

Do you have physical access to the car? Jump in and look at the touchscreen "Driving" tab and see if it has Insane (or Ludicrous) mode. I would bet it does not, which means it's a regular 85D.
Or see what it says on the center display between "Model S" and the car icon, while the car is off (before stepping on the brake)
rps20180324_125308.jpg

Reactions: HankLloydRight