Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If avocados are reported to have listeria, all Mexican-ish restaurants can suffer.

Ya because Avacados are common ingredients. What is the common ingredient between a Porsche and Tesla. Another example. if some ripoff Smartphone is bad, does it make the iPhone bad ?

We have EV, our rate of battery related fires is very low, we have charging all over the world. Our competition is having fire issues with batteries - So ya treat us the same way :) (Common Sense Peeps)

Ya because Avacados are common ingredients. What is the common ingredient between a Porsche and Tesla. Another example. if some ripoff Smartphone is bad, does it make the iPhone bad ?

We have EV, our rate of battery related fires is very low, we have charging all over the world. Our competition is having fire issues with batteries - So ya treat us the same way :) (Common Sense Peeps)

Lithium batteries.
I'm not saying Porsche packs == Tesla packs. However, I used to be in an industry with a very low number of manufacturers for an emerging technology. You didn't want the others to have failures because it made the entire technology look bad.

Lithium batteries.
I'm not saying Porsche packs == Tesla packs. However, I used to be in an industry with a very low number of manufacturers for an emerging technology. You didn't want the others to have failures because it made the entire technology look bad.

I think if the industry was new, all all the players were new - this would make sense. I think Tesla has been around with a good record for a while. Others problems are Teslas competitive advantage.

A flurry FUD out today. They are making use of the circuit game... WSJ, Green Car Reports, CNBC, etc putting out thin false narratives, then referencing the false conclusions of each other’s FUD pieces, but in the referring articles the false conclusion just stated as if solid common knowledge, now one step removed from the shady thin distorted house of cards used in the original FUD piece to fabricate the false conclusion.

fwiw, FUD ending in “6 months”? at 5K weekly rate? with Model Y? I don’t think so. I don’t think we’ll see the FUD fall off until the incumbent automakers collectively firmly steer to EVs and away from ICE... at the very least another 5 years of this.

Musk Pay Package: Anybody heard if there are going to be product milestones tied to the financial ones for Musk's new pay package? The old pay package was a product AND financial milestone per tranche, but so far I've only heard about the financial parts of the new package. The product milestones would be more interesting imo.

A flurry FUD out today. They are making use of the circuit game... WSJ, Green Car Reports, CNBC, etc putting out thin false narratives, then referencing the false conclusions of each other’s FUD pieces, but in the referring articles the false conclusion just stated as if solid common knowledge, now one step removed from the shady thin distorted house of cards used in the original FUD piece to fabricate the false conclusion.

I was hoping one of CNBC's competitors like Bloomberg would invite Mr Trips to make comments on the clown piece. Any one have connections to make it happen :)

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Musk Pay Package: Anybody heard if there are going to be product milestones tied to the financial ones for Musk's new pay package? The old pay package was a product AND financial milestone per tranche, but so far I've only heard about the financial parts of the new package. The product milestones would be more interesting imo.

part 1: market cap
part 2: increasing levels of adjusted EBITDA and revenue

No product milestones.

part 1: market cap
part 2: increasing levels of adjusted EBITDA and revenue

No product milestones.
Yeah that's what I've seen too, I'm just wondering if they will add the product milestones over time or if it's just financials from here on out. I remember when they put the first package out it was really interesting to see where the company was going in the long term and what products were on the table. IIRC the last tranche ended with the model y so the new could include things past the pickup truck. Maybe Tesla is now just too complex for all the product milestones now or maybe they don't want to make the "game plan" as public now.

Because logic?! :rolleyes:

Because Guacamole
Yeah that's what I've seen too, I'm just wondering if they will add the product milestones over time or if it's just financials from here on out. I remember when they put the first package out it was really interesting to see where the company was going in the long term and what products were on the table. IIRC the last tranche ended with the model y so the new could include things past the pickup truck. Maybe Tesla is now just too complex for all the product milestones now or maybe they don't want to make the "game plan" as public now.

Yeah, the product based awards were cool in terms of predicting the future. After a quick perusal, I don't see any clauses allowing modification.

Nice collection from the new AP release test drives posted and collected by an Reddit user.

Really impressive. One of the jumps we have been waiting for and anticipated despite all odds.

No reason that a similar jump cannot happen at the production line....

Financials include everything else anyway.

Perception is king. If an EV from top respected car manufacturer can catch fire, how can anybody trust a niche manufacturer like Tesla and risk going EV if ICE is safer, cheaper, battle tested for a century and available in a dealership next door today?

Tesla’s and our goal is to make the cake bigger, not have the biggest piece of a small cake.

Reactions: UrsS and 1101011
Perception is king. If an EV from top respected car manufacturer can catch fire, how can anybody trust a niche manufacturer like Tesla and risk going EV if ICE is safer, cheaper, battle tested for a century and available in a dealership next door today?

Tesla’s and our goal is to make the cake bigger, not have the biggest piece of a small cake.

When Samsung phones were on Fire, I did not see Apple iPhones caught with their Pants down

In EV world, Tesla is the top respected manufacturer, and Porsche is a niche wanna be.. atleast thats how I see it.

references included January 2018 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card

Status
Not open for further replies.