Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many scientists have predicted that fusion energy would power the world in 20 years. Many 20 years have past. So that makes them all lyers?

It was 20-30y in the future 15y ago when I started to work on high energy particle physics and actually slightly partook in the Fusion research too. It's still 20-30y in the future now, 15y later. Yeah... it'll take time and that estimate is just a placeholder as in "within our lifetime, but we don't really know when".

• Helpful
Reactions: SunCatcher
It was 20-30y in the future 15y ago when I started to work on high energy particle physics and actually slightly partook in the Fusion research too. It's still 20-30y in the future now, 15y later. Yeah... it'll take time and that estimate is just a placeholder as in "within our lifetime, but we don't really know when".
By the time it is there it will not be cost competitive as solar will be below the cost of transmission, which is something no centralized electricity generation can compete with.

In the words of Jurasic Park..."Hold on to your butts."

The morning plunge has begun.

Dan
Jeesh, now we're promoting our own FUD? :)

upload_2018-7-24_9-36-25.png

Another rave review of Model 3 Performance, this time from Motor Trend (via reddit) - now if only thosew wall street guys came to realize that the product is going to make the difference in the long run!

Let me explain something you're not going to believe, but trust me on this. After having driven and tested perhaps 7,000 vehicles, sometimes I don't need to drive very far to get the idea.

Remember that freeway onramp we "missed" before Nelson took the wheel? It's a sweet 700-foot short-chute that whips into a right-hander I know very well, and I wasn't going to simply wait for the next freeway entry. "Hang on," I'd told everybody, whipping a U-turn and stamping the accelerator. Even with four aboard, the Model 3 DMP surged ahead so startlingly that it stopped conversation. Except maybe for an uttered "Oh my god." I braked pretty hard and arched up the on-ramp toward the freeway. It was a flourish more akin to swiping a navigation route on your phone than driving a car on the actual road. Carol might have been upside down by the time I backed off.

In maybe 120 wheel revolutions, a high-performance hierarchy has been rattled. The European marques perennially atop the sport sedan podium are about to have trapdoors release beneath them.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2018/2018-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-performance-review/

And I certainly like this, too ;)
It's pure jungle cat.

I know we dislike Bloomberg's coverage of TSLA but there's an interesting story about Best Buy's recovery.

Terms of Service Violation

I have no capacity at sales, but some of you do here I'm sure. They key seems to be training folks and reaching out in a personal way to be helpful to future customers. Perhaps the techniques used by Best Buy are unnecessary or irrelevant to Tesla now, but what about the more distant future when there is real competition? How have the Tesla Rangers idea worked out? Should there be something from BB's experience applicable in other service, say, a better sales force for Tesla Energy projects or how to use your M3 as a taxi service? Yada, yada.

Edit: Not my violation; this is from Google News. Is there a penalty for anyone using the link? I tested it just now and it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden

The "cheater" way got here first, just using the power plant 93 million miles away. No intention to belittle the attempt, however. I had a nuclear power plant option as an undergrad.

Another rave review of Model 3 Performance, this time from Motor Trend (via reddit) - now if only thosew wall street guys came to realize that the product is going to make the difference in the long run!

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2018/2018-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-performance-review/

And I certainly like this, too ;)
Great to see an excellent review from Motor Trend! In another reflection of the media onslaught of negativity towards Tesla, when I search for Tesla News on Google, I can't find ANY model 3 reviews listed. It's 99% negative headlines primarily about how desperate Tesla is getting due to running low on cash. Check it out:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 3.47.23 PM.png

How will I know when Tesla is worried about its cash position?

If during the rest of this year Tesla starts shipping expensive models to Europe and Asia and it stops shipping long-range RWD to the US, then (and only then) will I be worried about Tesla.

Tesla could easily open up Europe and Asia to the high-performance versions and make a hell of a lot of money. They currently are not doing that because they want to maximize the number of people in the US that get the full $7500 tax rebate. I hope he ships the short range version before he opens up the world to the high-priced model. I don't think he'll go that far, but I can hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.