Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DZulZGhVAAEMkUL.jpg
Thanks, that's my new avatar

With all the focus on Model 3 and automobile deliveries, I wonder how the Energy side of the business did last quarter.

From what I saw on Electrek over the past few months, several storage arrays went online, as well as a small number of Solar Roofs. Is there something we’ve missed?
I'm also curious about this. I was just reading about it here

“2018 will see major growth in Tesla energy storage deployments, as the production ramp of our storage products is just as steep as with Model 3,” said Tesla. “This year, we aim to deploy at least three times the storage capacity we deployed in 2017.” Tesla deployed 358 megawatt-hours of energy storage products in 2017, and hopes to deliver 1,074 megawatt-hours in 2018.​

I think SCTY solar will be ~$1b. The 1,074 MWh figure seems to be ~$500M, not sure exactly pricing. Combined solar and storage at $1.5b seems a little disappointing for 2018, IMO. Hope there is newer info with higher figures.

I'm also curious about this. I was just reading about it here

“2018 will see major growth in Tesla energy storage deployments, as the production ramp of our storage products is just as steep as with Model 3,” said Tesla. “This year, we aim to deploy at least three times the storage capacity we deployed in 2017.” Tesla deployed 358 megawatt-hours of energy storage products in 2017, and hopes to deliver 1,074 megawatt-hours in 2018.​

I think SCTY solar will be ~$1b. The 1,074 MWh figure seems to be ~$500M, not sure exactly pricing. Combined solar and storage at $1.5b seems a little disappointing for 2018, IMO. Hope there is newer info with higher figures.
As a minuscule data point my two powerwalls are finally getting installed “soon” :cool:

Did not want to start a new thread for this, but I have a question regarding this article:

Tesla loses Model S and Model X program manager to VW in order to ‘strengthen their EV position’

Are there no competition clauses in the contracts of these people, preventing them from using their knowledge gained at Tesla for a certain amount of time at another company?

According to European contractual law these clauses are valid under the condition they are constrained in time (eg. for 6 months) and place (eg. within the U.S.A.), so most contracts contain such a clause.

To me the article above reads like Volkswagen saying: "Thanks Tesla, we are going to copy you as closely as possible with inside knowledge". I must be oversimplifying this, but would like a North American legal viewpoint on this.

Did not want to start a new thread for this, but I have a question regarding this article:

Tesla loses Model S and Model X program manager to VW in order to ‘strengthen their EV position’

Are there no competition clauses in the contracts of these people, preventing them from using their knowledge gained at Tesla for a certain amount of time at another company?

According to European contractual law these clauses are valid under the condition they are constrained in time (eg. for 6 months) and place (eg. within the U.S.A.), so most contracts contain such a clause.

To me the article above reads like Volkswagen saying: "Thanks Tesla, we are going to copy you as closely as possible with inside knowledge". I must be oversimplifying this, but would like a North American legal viewpoint on this.

I'm sure there are. But who cares if VW pays the penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.