Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think you will be back in the swing of things by August? I ask because I think we should nominate you to represent our shares and ask questions on the next quarterly Q&A call.

Gali did an amazing job, his questions and quality of his analysis will only get better, and I encourage everyone to support him via Patreon.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to actually contribute. 99 percent (not an exaggeration) of readers/listeners will not or cannot contribute financially. Despite Elon's tweets and retweets and Marques' support on Twitter, and their combined tens of millions of followers, @HyperChange TV still only has 119 patrons and only a couple of thousand followers. Think about that. This is not enough.

Gali and @Trent Eady (medium) have been standing up for retail investors with an independent mind. This is rare, and must be supported.

Last edited:
California to become first U.S. state mandating solar on new homes – Orange County Register

"In addition to widespread adoption of solar power, the new provisions include a push to increase battery storage and increase reliance on electricity over natural gas. Among the highlights:

• The new solar mandate would apply to all houses, condos and apartment buildings up to three stories tall that obtain building permits after Jan. 1, 2020.
  • Exceptions or alternatives will be allowed when homes are shaded by trees or buildings or when the home’s roofs are too small to accommodate solar panels.
  • Solar arrays can be smaller because homes won’t have to achieve true net-zero status.
  • Builders installing batteries like the Tesla Powerwall would get “compliance credits,” allowing them to further reduce the size of the solar system.
  • Provisions will encourage more electric use or even all-electric homes to reduce natural gas consumption. State officials say improved technology is making electric water heaters increasingly cost-effective."
Vote on this is May 9th, expected to pass according to this article, but, I don't know how accurate that is.

Last edited:
California to become first U.S. state mandating solar on new homes – Orange County Register

"In addition to widespread adoption of solar power, the new provisions include a push to increase battery storage and increase reliance on electricity over natural gas. Among the highlights:

• The new solar mandate would apply to all houses, condos and apartment buildings up to three stories tall that obtain building permits after Jan. 1, 2020.
  • Exceptions or alternatives will be allowed when homes are shaded by trees or buildings or when the home’s roofs are too small to accommodate solar panels.
  • Solar arrays can be smaller because homes won’t have to achieve true net-zero status.
  • Builders installing batteries like the Tesla Powerwall would get “compliance credits,” allowing them to further reduce the size of the solar system.
  • Provisions will encourage more electric use or even all-electric homes to reduce natural gas consumption. State officials say improved technology is making electric water heaters increasingly cost-effective."
Vote on this is May 9th, expected to pass according to this article, but, who knows how accurate that is.

fwiw,

The rising trend in California construction starts | first tuesday Journal

"Multi-family construction was down in 2016 but rebounded slightly in 2017, ending the year 6% above 2016. Demand for multi-family rentals has generally been higher during this residential construction recovery compared to new SFRs. However, buyer-occupant demand for SFRs is gradually increasing as jobs are recovered.

SFR construction starts continue to pick up speed, turning in a 17% increase in 2017 over 2016. Expect SFR construction to continue to rise at a similar pace through much of 2018. But compared to the 150,000 SFR starts achieved in 2005 at the height of the boom, even 2017’s positive performance – resulting in 58,000 SFR starts – is a fraction of what is needed to meet demand."

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 4.51.41 PM.png

Vote on this is May 9th, expected to pass according to this article, but, I don't know how accurate that is.

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

I've linked that article in emails to the Illinois governor and my two state legislators. Others here may want to do the same with their state officials.

Gali did an amazing job, his questions and quality of his analysis will only get better, and I encourage everyone to support him via Patreon.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to actually contribute. 99 percent (not an exaggeration) of readers/listeners will not or cannot contribute financially. Despite Elon's tweets and retweets and Marques' support on Twitter, and their combined tens of millions of followers, @HyperChange TV still only has 119 patrons and only a couple of thousand followers. Think about that. This is not enough.

Gali and @Trent Eady (medium) have been standing up for retail investors with an independent mind. This is rare, and must be supported.
Done.

I have a theory...

All of these "short sellers" scream, go on TV, pull out their hair, write articles, claim everything in the book about Tesla and Elon...

They are just luring short sellers in...they are secret longs...

I could NOT do a better job of pulling in short sellers than they do. They are setting the biggest short trap in history. It has to be on purpose. There is no way they are doing this by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.