Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get notifications when Tesla or various Tesla-centric Youtubbers post a vid.

I am always surprised how many dislikes are posted within hours of a new Tesla vid.

Are Mark S, MS, and JC et al subscribed too and hit "dislike" as soon as a vid goes up?

I see stuff like that too on auto media reviews of Tesla cars on YouTube. Seems pretty clear that quite a number of people just look for opportunities to downvote and put gibbo comments that take shots. Hard to know if that’s just individual shot taking or part of a campaign. Either way, so far they are punting on downvoting this video- last check, 4,700 upvotes, 21 downvotes.

Reactions: MacRocket
It is a valid point, and I agree somewhat. I think Reciprocity adds a great value to this forum, and highly likely is not paid. I also think there are just as many shorts who are very passionate about their viewpoints, add value to others ideas who are not paid to schwill out misinformation.

You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know.

Jerry Garcia
Couldnt agree more. Tesla is just a battleground stock, and people on both sides are passionate about it. But spending hours a day defending your company/investment and accusing people on the other side that are doing the same of getting paid is ridiculous.

I can explain. Unlike you I did some follow up research to challenge my preconceptions. What I found was that the number of followers and likes/retweets can be far lower than the number of views, on the order of 10,000 to 1. Simply put, I was wrong.
quite possible. I sometimes red Twitter myself without having an account. But I´m still very doubtful that this changes ones mind about a stock. But I dont even care tbh :)

quite possible. I sometimes red Twitter myself without having an account. But I´m still very doubtful that this changes ones mind about a stock. But I dont even care tbh :)

It's about time you learnt the difference between "red" and "read". One is what your account balance will be if you practice what you preach. The other is something you should do more of.

Mod: We don't do spelling corrections here. How's your German? --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a pretty long text, and as im unfortunately not getting paid to bash Tesla ill keep my answer short.

Do you, Mr. Reciprocity, with 3.685 post in a dedicated Tesla forum, a new Twitter Account to battle "misinformation", and your constant ecouragements to fellow Tesla Investors to tweet 10 times a day for the good cause, happen to see the irony in your statements?

If Montana, Tesla Charts or any of the guys you mentioned is really on Jim Chanos (or somebody elses) payroll, I hope you get at least twice as much from Musk.

Sorry just visiting but I agree with Reciprocity on this one. The big end of town are paying a lot of agitators to bash tesla. It’s so obvious even blind Freddy can see it.

Third largest German weekly Focus has a Model 3 review, quite positive:
Tesla Model 3: Erster Test in Deutschland - Video

Tester says the German manufacturers have to get their act together regarding performance - 3 is 1000% (sic) fun driving - "if production quality goes up and the price will be as advertised, the question won´t be: Will Tesla go bankrupt, but will BMW, Audi and Mercedes go bankrupt?"

Standard quibbles: Door handles inside and outside, card (why don´t people get this is the backup for when your phone isn´t available?), glove box opening via screen, braking performance, production quality (but likely this was an early Model again).

Thats a pretty long text, and as im unfortunately not getting paid to bash Tesla ill keep my answer short.

Do you, Mr. Reciprocity, with 3.685 post in a dedicated Tesla forum, a new Twitter Account to battle "misinformation", and your constant ecouragements to fellow Tesla Investors to tweet 10 times a day for the good cause, happen to see the irony in your statements?

If Montana, Tesla Charts or any of the guys you mentioned is really on Jim Chanos (or somebody elses) payroll, I hope you get at least twice as much from Musk.
I spent a year biting my tongue as some of the most vile garbage spewed from these jerks Twitter accounts. Lies are one thing, deception is another. But I invite everyone to just follow $tsla on Twitter and see what kind of lies and deceptions are going on and how many of your favorite Bloomberg, wsj and CNBC contributers retweet that vile crap.

Tmc is great, it's like Tesla graduate school. But it's an echo chamber with a few dedicated bears pushing false narratives and fud. But Twitter has professional, paid disinformation squads looking to magnify the misinformation x10 by influencing, influencers and media.

It's just time management. I read everything here and post less. While I try to get 10-20 tweets a day to surgically counter fud with facts. Half of the time, I just demand proof for the false claims. But I also always try to add facts that I have learned here. I can assure you, as I have debated many here. The talent on TMC is 10x that of the Twitter fud team. I just need more of you to take half your posting time and dedicate it to Twitter or Facebook. Because that's saw far more viral platforms and crap spreds faster then facts.

I don't care if it seems ironic to you. Facts matter.

Regarding Twitter and other Social sites, blogs (etc.)

The tweets are not just for people, but for data mining, bots and analytics ..
How Social Media Is Helping Investors Make Money

“Dataminr feeds are like table stakes right now: Most hedge funds need to have it,” says Santo Politi, a founder of Spark Capital, a venture capital firm that was an early backer of Twitter and has a majority stake in a two-year-old hedge fund, Tashtego, that trades on signals from social media and other nontraditional data.

Whether or not they use Dataminr, hedgies are increasingly paying attention to Twitter and its ilk. “They’re just now starting to take advantage of what’s available through social media and this wisdom-of-crowds concept,” says Divya Narendra, founder of SumZero, a social network for pro investors. “That’s a new phenomenon.”

card (why don´t people get this is the backup for when your phone isn´t available?)
Because reviewers often aren't living with the car, or if it's a long-term review car, it's in a pool of long-term cars shared between reviewers.

So, they're not used to installing an app just to use the car normally if they've only got it for a week or so, and with long-term cars, it's easier to share the card, rather than have everyone install the app.

I spent a year biting my tongue as some of the most vile garbage spewed from these jerks Twitter accounts. Lies are one thing, deception is another. But I invite everyone to just follow $tsla on Twitter and see what kind of lies and deceptions are going on and how many of your favorite Bloomberg, wsj and CNBC contributers retweet that vile crap.

Tmc is great, it's like Tesla graduate school. But it's an echo chamber with a few dedicated bears pushing false narratives and fud. But Twitter has professional, paid disinformation squads looking to magnify the misinformation x10 by influencing, influencers and media.

It's just time management. I read everything here and post less. While I try to get 10-20 tweets a day to surgically counter fud with facts. Half of the time, I just demand proof for the false claims. But I also always try to add facts that I have learned here. I can assure you, as I have debated many here. The talent on TMC is 10x that of the Twitter fud team. I just need more of you to take half your posting time and dedicate it to Twitter or Facebook. Because that's saw far more viral platforms and crap spreds faster then facts.

I don't care if it seems ironic to you. Facts matter.

Hey buddy I’m there with you. Since I use my real name on Twitter I tend to keep things civil.

Because reviewers often aren't living with the car, or if it's a long-term review car, it's in a pool of long-term cars shared between reviewers.

So, they're not used to installing an app just to use the car normally if they've only got it for a week or so, and with long-term cars, it's easier to share the card, rather than have everyone install the app.

Yeah, I get they use the card if they have just for the day, but if they´d do their homework/research first, they´d know anyway that´s not the default access method!

Is it though? Is it really easier to keep track of a keycard and pass it around over taking a minute to download an APP that is then available from that point onward?

Is it though? Is it really easier to keep track of a keycard and pass it around over taking a minute to download an APP that is then available from that point onward?

You don't only need the app, you also need the password to the Tesla account that the car is linked to as well as a compatible smart phone. And not everyone loaning their car to a reviewer would be willing to share the password to their account.

• Helpful
Reactions: SunCatcher
In the case of the Model 3 or professional reviewers, I don't know for sure, but if you borrow an S or X overnight, they don't give you the necessary password to use the app on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.