Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard of a company called IBM, or Nokia? What about Lucent?

of course speed and silence are not competitive advantage, major car manufactures spent money on those just keep their engineers happy, not to sell cars at all.
Their a close knit group. They still don't see it coming. I have everyone at work asking for a test drive/ride when I get my 3 they didn't ask for that when a new BMW or Mercedes would show up in lot.

Hilarious twitter exchange with reveal about their fake news about the Elon hates yellow and beeping forklifts, so most Tesla workers are getting killed.
I suggested Elon create a real email account with a funny out of office reply. Feel free to contribute.

Attachments

• B1AAF004-9079-4103-9CC4-A4BA8623D54B.jpeg
    B1AAF004-9079-4103-9CC4-A4BA8623D54B.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 513AD4E9-CC8F-48A4-96DB-5A3DCDCD8AFF.jpeg
    513AD4E9-CC8F-48A4-96DB-5A3DCDCD8AFF.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 60
Hilarious twitter exchange with reveal about their fake news about the Elon hates yellow and beeping forklifts, so most Tesla workers are getting killed.
I suggested Elon create a real email account with a funny out of office reply. Feel free to contribute.
Wow, some bear reported me as a suspected robot. I thought I’m much funnier than most robots.

im saying the speed and silence are awesome, but its not a competitive advantage. It's a quality of EV's if anything Tesla is terrible at it relative to other car companies because they can't build a solid upper half of a car (altho the lower half is very good, as the reviews show)

Bears don't understand why we compare Tesla with Apple, because they both sell an experience!

For example, when you buy a wireless headphone, trying to connect to your phone, it asks you to fiddle with your phone settings, locate bluetooth, set it on "discovery mode". Why the f@#$ do I need to know what is "discovery mode"? What are the steps I need to take to get to that "discovery mode"? oh, it depends on your phone... Yeah, that's the norm, so accept it!

Except Apple came alone gave you air pod, you put it near your iphone and follow on screen instructions, a couple of clicks and you are done! The heck with bluetooth settings and "discovery mode".

Is it perfect? far from it. As a phone it reception and sound quality was not as good as Nokia, the battery life sucks. There was antenna gate, bend gate. Still no widget, no customization, icloud sucks, big time. I am an android user. Still can't deny apple grabs all the profit there is for phones.

Tesla is similar. You get in your car and just drive away. After you arrived you get out and close the door. Why the heck do I need to fiddle with parking brake, turn off the engine, lock the door... And the super charger recognize your car and bill your account automatically, you don't have to sign up for some account and find the right card and stuff.

The power comes from rethink everything and fast iterate. They can change the user interface according to user complains, or simply pull the logs and find what's the mostly used functions while driving, and promote it. They've already changed it so that you can operate windshield wiper, cruise control without the touch screen. lights are fully automatic, even high beams. Changes are still coming to climate control and music control. That is the norm for tech companies. No other car manufacture can do that.

And don't tell me those physical buttons are not distracting. I have an audi Q7 in the family, locating the right button from a line of a dozen is not all that easy.

it is pretty clear that the younger generation don't like cars as their parents do. few of them are eager to get a driver's license. they like their phones much better. Terrible news for car manufactures. Well someday they still have to get a car to go somewhere, and one of those cars behaves just like their phone, guess which one they will choose?

Bears don't understand why we compare Tesla with Apple, because they both sell an experience!

For example, when you buy a wireless headphone, trying to connect to your phone, it asks you to fiddle with your phone settings, locate bluetooth, set it on "discovery mode". Why the f@#$ do I need to know what is "discovery mode"? What are the steps I need to take to get to that "discovery mode"? oh, it depends on your phone... Yeah, that's the norm, so accept it!

Except Apple came alone gave you air pod, you put it near your iphone and follow on screen instructions, a couple of clicks and you are done! The heck with bluetooth settings and "discovery mode".

Is it perfect? far from it. As a phone it reception and sound quality was not as good as Nokia, the battery life sucks. There was antenna gate, bend gate. Still no widget, no customization, icloud sucks, big time. I am an android user. Still can't deny apple grabs all the profit there is for phones.

Tesla is similar. You get in your car and just drive away. After you arrived you get out and close the door. Why the heck do I need to fiddle with parking brake, turn off the engine, lock the door... And the super charger recognize your car and bill your account automatically, you don't have to sign up for some account and find the right card and stuff.

The power comes from rethink everything and fast iterate. They can change the user interface according to user complains, or simply pull the logs and find what's the mostly used functions while driving, and promote it. They've already changed it so that you can operate windshield wiper, cruise control without the touch screen. lights are fully automatic, even high beams. Changes are still coming to climate control and music control. That is the norm for tech companies. No other car manufacture can do that.

And don't tell me those physical buttons are not distracting. I have an audi Q7 in the family, locating the right button from a line of a dozen is not all that easy.

it is pretty clear that the younger generation don't like cars as their parents do. few of them are eager to get a driver's license. they like their phones much better. Terrible news for car manufactures. Well someday they still have to get a car to go somewhere, and one of those cars behaves just like their phone, guess which one they will choose?

Let’s try to get into a bears mind:

1. I can’t afford the product therefore it’s too expensive.
2. I live in Phili and don’t see too many Tesla’s...
3. Who am I kidding, forget the bears. It’s all about production at this point. Get to 5,000 a week and we go bear hunting.

Actually since there is no wheel spin, there is no additional wear on the tires. Just rocket launches with no penalty.

Tesla do spin, but only in short bursts like 10 degrees or so. Even without spin, the torque will cause the tread to compress leading edge) and expand (trailing edge) in contact with the road surface which will cause faster wear.

Tesla do spin, but only in short bursts like 10 degrees or so. Even without spin, the torque will cause the tread to compress leading edge) and expand (trailing edge) in contact with the road surface which will cause faster wear.
The best way to wear out tires on a Tesla much faster than your average ICE car is just floor it on every freeway on-ramp. The amount of torque you put in the tire will vastly outweigh any wheelspin you would get from flooring it and spinning out on most ICE. Except maybe a Hellcat doing a burnout to melt the tires first before a launch.

This story broke at 8 am today I think. Looks like another high speed crash. From article:

The car was traveling at a speed "great enough to leave the roadway, hit a fence, keep going down an embankment and into a pond on the property.”

Base on another article the driver might have gone airborne due to speed as the car also hit road signs. This is why I drive like a grandpa on the freeway.

This story broke at 8 am today I think. Looks like another high speed crash. From article:

The car was traveling at a speed "great enough to leave the roadway, hit a fence, keep going down an embankment and into a pond on the property.”

Base on another article the driver might have gone airborne due to speed as the car also hit road signs. This is why I drive like a grandpa on the freeway.
Every death in a BMW gets reported on Bloomberg I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.