Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you can't have both amazing Elon Musk the visionary engineer, and also Elon Musk the moderate twitter user...

Or Elon the accurate timeline predictor. It's probably his worst trait that he's months to years delayed in delivering industry changing products in volume. If only he were perfect. Come on Elon, try harder.

Tipranks chart for Chanos hedge fund Kynikos Associates LP

1808130423.jpg

When I upgraded my S after almost 60K miles (3.3 years), I sold it for more than $60K less than it had cost me. By far the majority of the (non-3) Teslas out there are in this range and depreciating at about $1/mile. Obviously more when new and slowing down as they get older.

Performance cars have the steepest depreciation and most cars depreciate the most in the first few years. The RWD P cars depreciated sharply after the introduction of the dual motor cars.

Wow. She doesn't even make sense. What does that mean production lines are straight instead of rectangular? Journalist Elon Musk questioned over Tesla reporting speaks
Quoted you because you link the CNBC video.

• They directly asked Lopez if she bribed Tripp such that she had to answer (her answer was "no")
  • They directly asked Lopez if she is in contact with Chanos and made her answer "no"
  • They directly asked people spreading overwhelming amounts of negative comments what a CEO should do when people are spreading overwhelming amounts negative comments indirectly pointing out that the interviewees are spreading overwhelming amounts negative comments
In my opinion CNBC did a great job here, even if it looks like they gave FUDsters too much air time.

(Disclaimer: Not a native speaker)

Last edited:
Being German, you should know fine well that people/corporations are capable of lying. And how exactly is presenting one side of an argument with obvious bias doing "a good job". It's unethical, incomplete and flawed. If you think that's "a good job" then I guess that just highlights how low some people's expectations are for the content from so-called news organisations.

Last edited:

• They directly asked Lopez if she bribed Tripp such that she had to answer (her answer was "no")
  • They directly asked Lopez if she is in contact with Chanos and made her answer "no"
  • They directly asked people spreading overwhelming amounts of negative comments what a CEO should do when people are spreading overwhelming amounts negative comments indirectly pointing out that the interviewees are spreading overwhelming amounts negative comments
In my opinion CNBC did a great job here, even if it looks like they gave FUDsters too much air time.

Longing for a "hmm, interesting" button.

Being German, you should know fine well that people/corporations are capable of lying. And how exactly is presenting one side of an argument with obvious bias doing "a good job". It's unethical, incomplete and flawed. If you think that's "a good job" then I guess that just highlights how low some people's expectations are for the content from so-called news organisations.
Being an englishman you should know fine well that media corporations are corrupt and capable of lying.
BI and New York Times use the same "expert" Ron Harbour as an external "source". His the only accomplishment in life is to have a father somebody like Jim Harbour, who was indeed a talented engineer and very good "integrator". What is interesting here is that BI proves to be incapable to report even basic points, for example they claimed that Ron "founded and writes “The Harbour Report,”"... Really? He does neither. He is owner of "The Harbour Report", and that's about it.
BI and NYT were reporting about massive injuries in Fremont, numerous trials and investigations about safety issues in Tesla. Both were using same sources: guys members of UAW. Was there any independent source representing other group of people? No. Did they even mentioned bad blood against UAW in Fremont and UAW unpopularity in the city? NO.

They were reporting about people being fired because of UAW movement, did they show any actual proof with names? No.
Why? They did actually plenty of claims about Tesla which if true would end with mega trials and very serious civil cases. Where is all this legal noise? Nowhere.

Did BI reporting on break and roll test compared Tesla with the situation in auto industry? you know the simple comparison like saying that these tests warrant good performance of produced autos. No, and they wouldn't ever do it because only GM had at least two recalls specifically because of problems with break subsystem in their autos.
Tesla will be the last company to play with customers safety, in no small part because of the level scrutiny they "enjoy".
They made this test "complimentary" because FORI crap is baggy and they had problems with sensors. Real test tracks testing is expensive, it works only at low volume and this is the real reason why it is not used by most auto-companies.

At the stable rates of 7000+ they will have to buy some real brew of some real german automation company.

Being an englishman you should know fine well that media corporations are corrupt and capable of lying.

I'm all too aware, which is why I made the point in the first place. I don't know what makes me more angry, the lying itself or the gullible people who believe everything they hear/read from these sources. Probably the lying itself to be fair, although I do wish people would be more willing to question these things.

Looks like there was a meeting with big investors at the Fremont factory yesterday,
writeup via reddit here. Main takeaways:

• running at 5000 week
  • Q3 5000, Q4 7000, mid 2019 10,000/week
  • Nothing new on FSD
  • China GF funded like other projects before
    (thus ruling out something like a surprise investment like from Tencent IMHO)
  • Re-confirmed no equity or debt raise this year
Solid but would have hoped for some positive news on FSD and China GF funding.

(Sorry if posted before, didn´t have the time to catch up)

Helpful.

I would say that "funded like other projects before" doesn't rule out local government financial assistance (which they had for Fremont, Sparks, and Buffalo), so Shanghai might be putting money in.

that's the whole idea, and they’re good at it.
they fooled you into believing it was euqually weighted. it was not, by any stretch of the imagination.

No Christmas until January at Tesla. :eek:

You do realise that there are 2 Christmases ?

December 25th
January 7th Greek & Russian Orthodox christmas

When my daughter was 7 or 8 she had a friend who was Greek.
One Christmas I was behind at work and could not get the decorations up on time.
I told my daughter we would celebrate Christmas on January 7th.
You never saw such disappointment.

Well on Christmas eve (December 24th) after my daughter went to bed we put up all the decorations and presents.
She still has not forgiven me.

P.S. While I can't seem to find it, I am pretty sure there is a third Christmas on January 21st or 27th.

Last edited:
Reactions: generalenthu
I think it has been speculated on before, but does only using GA3 and 4 free up GA2 to be totally redesigned? I suspect general assembly isn't the main bottleneck to 10k per week, but that would be clever if Tesla could take what they learned from 3 and 4 to rework 2 into something even more efficient.

The total silence on GA2 is interesting. We got confirmation at some point, IIRC, that it was a Model 3 line (not S/X). And they're being very quiet about it. I have to think it's being ripped apart and reconfigured to match GA3, but that's probably expensive and slow -- they made the mistake of packing the equipment together tightly on their first attempt at a model 3 GA line (and only later realized why that was a mistake)

The total silence on GA2 is interesting. We got confirmation at some point, IIRC, that it was a Model 3 line (not S/X). And they're being very quiet about it. I have to think it's being ripped apart and reconfigured to match GA3, but that's probably expensive and slow -- they made the mistake of packing the equipment together tightly on their first attempt at a model 3 GA line (and only later realized why that was a mistake)

Did they ever state why they saw that as a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.