Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having such a short time to book a flight and plan things basically rules out a lot of people but maybe they didn't get things worked out until recently. I'm surprised they're not making one stop in Texas given it seems to be a good market for them.

I just wanted to point this out.

They probably waited until close (read expensive plane flights) to the event so that people don't go to the Bay area event, and prevent locals from getting a drive, when they could wait a week or two and go to the event near them.

Granted that doesn't work for the people in the South or Texas (AK, and HI either) but Tesla doesn't want a bunch of people from New York coming to the CA events, just to have their NY event not fill up.

If you are willing to fly Southwest, you can always book a ticket in advance of where you "think" you will go on a good fare. And can change/cancel it without penalties and/or retaining a "credit" for the ticket amount for future purchase if things don't work out or travel plans change. Its a way to at least book some decent cost flights in hopes of attending an event. And if you get boxed out on reservations, still retain the full fare purchase price.

To me, this is one of the biggest benefits of flying Southwest. Even more than no baggage fees, since I have status on most major airlines and get around the fees on those carriers.

Appreciation to the folks that gave a shout that they received an email with their reservation number, including the ones that are also saying they're going to pass. Gives me a sliver of hope that there will be spots open for numbers at my level...