Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: New York, 7/20- 7-/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin numbers and pictures

Green

07 21 12_6543.jpg
07 21 12_6536.jpg

Here's my test drive from Friday in the Green car. Drove in a little bit of drizzle and got stuck in some traffic at one point, but hey, it made my drive longer :) It also gave Kyle (my co-pilot) a chance to talk about some of the features. The green car also has the optional rear console installed which we got a little video of as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of additional tidbits:

- The tesla person on the test drive with me noted that they had electronically limited the speeds on the test drive to 80 mph after some of the experiences in the earlier test drives. (No, I didn't test the limits).

- Everyone swore up and down there was no change in their commitments to 2012 production volume.

- No way current cars will get adaptive cruise given the degree of changes required. perhaps a future model year.

Damn lost my post. Anyway I saw all six colors recently mentioned. You wouldn't see all cars in rotation due to charging.
I have more video from today (including a ride during MPT's drive) and a couple more bits of info. I'm grabbing food in CT now and then 120 miles to home. I really hope to get most of not all of this stuff online tonight.

Wait, where did the black car come from? They didn't have that on Friday! (only sunset red, silver, pearl white, brown, green)

I drove the black Performance car Sat at 1:00 pm. Didn't note the VIN but it had black leather with red piping. At that time the pearl white, sunset red, silver and green cars were also in service but the brown was out of rotation. Got conflicting info on brown coming back, then was told it would be back in 1/2 hr. Since I wanted to see the color in person, I waited what turned out to be 1 1/2 hrs, which gave time to sit in the cars that were temporarily out of service and play with the touch screen, pano roof, door handles, etc. The sunset red car had the microfiber interior. Much as I wanted to like a leather alternative, this material just didn't do it for me. I would advise anyone considering the microfiber to see it before ordering.

Finally was told the brown car had picked up a hole in the tire and was being plugged/reinflated and would not re-enter service Sat. One Tesla rep said that it was in the parking garage opposite the staging area and kindly took me over to see it. Very rich.

Here's my test drive from Friday in the Green car. Drove in a little bit of drizzle and got stuck in some traffic at one point, but hey, it made my drive longer :) It also gave Kyle (my co-pilot) a chance to talk about some of the features. The green car also has the optional rear console installed which we got a little video of as well!

Great video! Good job by the videographer getting the interior, including the center console. I love her reaction when you accelerate!

Last edited by a moderator: