Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Texas Model Y Performance VIN Assigned Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. Wanted to provide an update on the two supposed TX Tesla VINs that popped up recently on some forums. After checking with multiple sources & speaking to various people, VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383 (on left) is fake. However, VIN 7SAYGDEF9NA000137 (on right) is real.

Wanted to wait a couple days to make sure after I was wrong in my reporting on VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383. VIN 7SAYGDEF9NA000137 not only pops up in Teslas database, it passes the NHTSA VIN decoder & is a low number VIN too, unlike the fake one. VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383 does NOT pop up in Teslas database. Looking forward to first Austin deliveries!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.49.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.49.12 AM.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.48.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.48.43 AM.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 796
Hey everyone. Wanted to provide an update on the two supposed TX Tesla VINs that popped up recently on some forums. After checking with multiple sources & speaking to various people, VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383 (on left) is fake. However, VIN 7SAYGDEF9NA000137 (on right) is real.

Wanted to wait a couple days to make sure after I was wrong in my reporting on VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383. VIN 7SAYGDEF9NA000137 not only pops up in Teslas database, it passes the NHTSA VIN decoder & is a low number VIN too, unlike the fake one. VIN 7SAYGDEFONA395383 does NOT pop up in Teslas database. Looking forward to first Austin deliveries!
@sawyermerritt thank you for the update. I was hesitant to trust the second one also, because we have seen no additional reports.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't think Tesla is going to tell consumers which cars have which battery types and I think they will align performance as close as possible. At least initially. They aren't going to move away from 2170's any time soon. They may offer an option on their website of more range, for a price. Meaning that car would have the 4680 cells. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Stook02ss
I don't think Tesla is going to tell consumers which cars have which battery types and I think they will align performance as close as possible. At least initially. They aren't going to move away from 2170's any time soon. They may offer an option on their website of more range, for a price. Meaning that car would have the 4680 cells. Just my two cents.

Yup, I expect the same.

Very interesting. Especially since all video of the Giga Austin has the black and blue Y's out front. Based off wheels as well from what we have seen out of Giga Austin, none of the wheels are black.

Very interesting. Especially since all video of the Giga Austin has the black and blue Y's out front. Based off wheels as well from what we have seen out of Giga Austin, none of the wheels are black.
none of insides are white, either. it’s probably another fake.

from a wise poster on another thread:

7SAYGDEF6NA000242 Texas MYP
7SAYGDEE7NA000242 Texas LR MY
5YJYGDEE0NA000242 Texas LR MY

"All 3 pass the NHTSA VIN Check even though the last 6 digits are the same for each. All it does is calculate and verify the check digit, it doesn't verify anything else. That would be up to Tesla to verify."

Reactions: Maxw72
none of insides are white, either. it’s probably another fake.

from a wise poster on another thread:

7SAYGDEF6NA000242 Texas MYP
7SAYGDEE7NA000242 Texas LR MY
5YJYGDEE0NA000242 Texas LR MY

"All 3 pass the NHTSA VIN Check even though the last 6 digits are the same for each. All it does is calculate and verify the check digit, it doesn't verify anything else. That would be up to Tesla to verify."
Once again, based off the drone videos, it is hard to believe that very efficient work would be happening in the factory with all the construction still going on. I'd be checking with a fine tooth comb any vehicle coming out of the Austin factory prior to all construction being done (not saying there are, just saying if there was).

I dug into the FB posters previous posts and they were not consistent with the idea of him unknowingly posting that he had a VIN from Austin. Previous posts from weeks earlier he mentioned taking delivery and also commenting about 4680 technology out of Giga Texas. Unfortunately he removed those posts from the model y FB group. He was trolling.

Reactions: DrGriz and voxel