Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glass roof - production change (July 2018)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the strato tint

http://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/llumarformulaoneautomotivespecifications2018july.pdf

Lots of UV protection for all of the tints. The IR rejection is a bit more variable.

Looks like 3M must make this one AIR 90 CL SR HPR (Clear)

Except that the one I have blocks some kind of signal that my IPASS uses....which forces me to use the license plate mounted version.

th

Looks like 3M must make this one AIR 90 CL SR HPR (Clear)

Except that the one I have blocks some kind of signal that my IPASS uses....which forces me to use the license plate mounted version.

th

I have the Air 90 on the front. My toll tag works fine. I did read that Tesla had different front windows as well. Some block toll tags. At least that was the rumor in that multi page thread with little real info :)

Thanks for spending the time at the local Tesla place and digging up the info. Can't wait to see my 3 and see what it has!

Reactions: Garlan Garner
I just figured the P models are newer and wouldn’t have the full back window as orange or red.
Indeed. It appears to be that way.

The Tesla Store in Westmont does indeed have a charcoal grey Performance with a half red UV rear glass. That's the car that convinced me that I would rather have clear UV glass. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlexanderAF
I have the Air 90 on the front. My toll tag works fine. I did read that Tesla had different front windows as well. Some block toll tags. At least that was the rumor in that multi page thread with little real info :)
No more rumor...its a fact. I went through my entire first week of ownership without my inside IPASS reporting anything to my account...and its a working IPASS. License Plate mount works fine.

Indeed. It appears to be that way.

The Tesla Store in Westmont does indeed have a charcoal grey Performance with a half red UV rear glass. That's the car that convinced me that I would rather have clear UV glass. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Except that the one I have is all orange/red. Looks all the same from the inside looking out though LOL. Just exterior looks I guess.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
IMO Folks are giving more credit than deserving on this subject.
I believe that all automotive glass filters UV.
The missing colored tint is the IR rejection coating. I think when all the dust settles we will see that some vendors have not applied IR coatings. This will become "glass-gate" . You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen!

The missing colored tint is the IR rejection coating. I think when all the dust settles we will see that some vendors have not applied IR coatings. This will become "glass-gate" . You heard it here first ladies and gentlemen!

Not All Car Windows Protect Against UV Rays

Noooo they applied a clear IR coating.