Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TD Ameritrade was the 1st broker to announce they're restricting trading. I reposted it here from a comment/screenie posted in Main

I think Interactive Brokers cracked down in the pre-Market today simultaneously with Robbing Hood.

Those to, at least, have almost certainly been caught with their hands in the 'naked shorting' cookie jar.

RBC in Toronto, Canada too. They also failed to deliver TSLA dividend shares back on Aug 31, 2020.

Not helpful for you, but BMO Investorline in Canada has been above board. Recommended for Canadians seeking an honest broker.

Cheers!

No issues here with TD Waterhouse in Canada.. Allowed to buy GME/NAKD

I'm trying to digest and likely don't fully understand here. So the brokerages that are blocking trades are doing so bc they are quite lose in floating their shares (that we bought for them to hold for us)? And this causes concern that they might be left short in this game of musical chairs? Then the Investment Firms who short excessively are getting screwed by the run-ups, and they are shorting the stocks that were floated by brokerages like TD Ameritrade (where I trade)?

1 - This thread would be a great place to pick up new broker accounts, lol.
2 - TD and others could be impacted financially or at risk?
3 - Am I insured should there be a collapse anywhere, or should I spread it out a bit.
4 - Can I open a Canadian brokerage Acct without physically going in Canada (dual)? Calling @Artful Dodger
5 - Folks are moving out of the listed hold-out brokerages in protest or reduce risk or both?

Thanks!

I'm trying to digest and likely don't fully understand here. So the brokerages that are blocking trades are doing so bc they are quite lose in floating their shares (that we bought for them to hold for us)? And this causes concern that they might be left short in this game of musical chairs? Then the Investment Firms who short excessively are getting screwed by the run-ups, and they are shorting the stocks that were floated by brokerages like TD Ameritrade (where I trade)?

1 - This thread would be a great place to pick up new broker accounts, lol.
2 - TD and others could be impacted financially or at risk?
3 - Am I insured should there be a collapse anywhere, or should I spread it out a bit.
4 - Can I open a Canadian brokerage Acct without physically going in Canada (dual)? Calling @Artful Dodger
5 - Folks are moving out of the listed hold-out brokerages in protest or reduce risk or both?

Thanks!
Well, the big issue is that Melvin capital was falling apart. Citadel floated them a bunch of money in return for interest in their fund. Guess who Robinhood's biggest customer is? That's right, Citadel. So allegedly Citadel told RH to halt trading so that they would not lose a few billion dollars. Now there are rumors that Citadel increased their short position right before they told RH to halt.

I assume the other brokers felt pressured and did likewise. Next we will see RH cancel their IPO and be bought out by Citadel, assuming investigations and jail time don't happen for these ****s.

Obviously no idea if this is true but it's definitely possible

https://twitter.com/DailyWSB/status/1354862987669098497?s=20

Robinhood Insider Information
renderTimingPixel.png

I work for Robinhood. Don't kill me.

Low-level, technical *sugar*, comp sciences major, not finance side.

Guess what we overhead today?

Vladimir, yes founder Vladimir, and the C-Suite, received calls from Sequoia Capital and the White House that pressured into closing trading on GME etc. I guarantee you the same took place at E-Trade and the others who closed trading.

File reports on the SEC page. If I wasn't scared to be out of work in a pandemic I'd quit. I'm disgusted. We all need to rise up, this is as bad as it gets when we talk about how the rich get one set of rules, and the rest of us get screwed over, and over, and over again left to bail them out and pick up the tab for their trillion dollar tax breaks. We need to pile pressure on every government and financial institution involved in this travesty of justice.

I'm taking a massive career risk even posting here but **** these motherfuckers.

Obviously no idea if this is true but it's definitely possible

https://twitter.com/DailyWSB/status/1354862987669098497?s=20

Robinhood Insider Information
renderTimingPixel.png

I work for Robinhood. Don't kill me.

Low-level, technical *sugar*, comp sciences major, not finance side.

Guess what we overhead today?

Vladimir, yes founder Vladimir, and the C-Suite, received calls from Sequoia Capital and the White House that pressured into closing trading on GME etc. I guarantee you the same took place at E-Trade and the others who closed trading.

File reports on the SEC page. If I wasn't scared to be out of work in a pandemic I'd quit. I'm disgusted. We all need to rise up, this is as bad as it gets when we talk about how the rich get one set of rules, and the rest of us get screwed over, and over, and over again left to bail them out and pick up the tab for their trillion dollar tax breaks. We need to pile pressure on every government and financial institution involved in this travesty of justice.

I'm taking a massive career risk even posting here but **** these motherfuckers.
Just an FYI, that account apparently isn't the official WSB messenger - this one is: https://twitter.com/wsbmod
I only mention it because that official Twitter handle warned folks to be wary of other accounts claiming to speak for the subreddit.

I wouldn't put much credit on any post on Twitter claiming this sort of thing. Even the blockers on buying in RH is still only allegedly deliberate and probably will never be provable.

The disparity of power is being put on worldwide display at least. I don't expect any real change but if a few of their elite number got burned I'm not shedding any tears for them; they could just cry on their other boat.

Perhaps this has been discussed, and I know the float of TSLA in dollars is way too high, but why aren't we(and the wider market) talking more about the single most heavily shorted stock in the world potentially being dragged into this? TSLA is short something like $57B.

If American Airlines can get dragged in just by a bit of chatter....why hasn't TSLA even been discussed as a potential target for a squeeze. Our float is a hell of a lot tighter than it was 3 months ago!

Maybe that's their two tiered plan. Get GME started, allow other hedge funds to pile on, pile on top of them, more hedges pile on, exit leaving mostly hedges holding the bag, invest proceeds in TSLA permanently causing another squeeze on a market cap 50x bigger. Perfectly logical resource and wealth transfer.