Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fail To Deliver - Can someone please explain the impact that may have on the stock price this week in simple terms. We are expecting settling of the 01/29 options today. In addition to that it is still thought that Short Interest is high despite S3 lowering the percentage. How does Fail to Deliver play into this?

where will this collapse end? :eek: Hopefully it will recover in the future
I am still in it, but for now it would also be waste of money to sell :oops:

It will end when the SP reflects the fundamentals of the company, which is probably somewhere between 15 and 30 (maybe even less, as the company missed a golden opportunity to cheaply raise cash).

What we saw last week was a short squeeze, fueled by speculation, an ideological feud and a worldwide media hype. A gift for those who sold on time (like the kid whose mother bought him 10 shares in 2019 for $6,50 each and who sold them for $320 each a few days ago). But a recipe for disaster for the ones with 'diamond hands', including the guy who started it all and was still holding most of his position yesterday (but who will probably get away with $20 million anyway).

The game is stressful. I'm looking forward to being back in my comfortable 100% TSLA position, but will continue to hold GME until it resolves one way or the other.
I haven't worked for a year cause of Covid. I feel like I need a vacation.

If someone could guarantee that I could come back in April and the share price would be between $800-$1000 I would not open a computer and turn of all notifications on the phone till then.

It's hard work gettin' rich.

It will end when the SP reflects the fundamentals of the company, which is probably somewhere between 15 and 30 (maybe even less, as the company missed a golden opportunity to cheaply raise cash).

What we saw last week was a short squeeze, fueled by speculation, an ideological feud and a worldwide media hype. A gift for those who sold on time (like the kid whose mother bought him 10 shares in 2019 for $6,50 each and who sold them for $320 each a few days ago). But a recipe for disaster for the ones with 'diamond hands', including the guy who started it all and was still holding most of his position yesterday (but who will probably get away with $20 million anyway).
You really think that GME is now shorted less than before? There's no evidence I'm aware of. You have to assume everything the hedge funds say is lies. As a specific case, do you think Citron is out like Andrew Left said?

I don't think the stock price spiked enough to reflect the kind of forced buying that the shorts would have to do to get out.

In any case, I'm just holding on to my 131 shares. It's not about the money.

You really think that GME is now shorted less than before? There's no evidence I'm aware of. You have to assume everything the hedge funds say is lies. As a specific case, do you think Citron is out like Andrew Left said?

I don't think the stock price spiked enough to reflect the kind of forced buying that the shorts would have to do to get out.

In any case, I'm just holding on to my 131 shares. It's not about the money.

well one thing we could assume, even if short interest went down for a day or two...it looks to be loading back up today, down 147 at time of post (~77.00 share price)

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
IMHO, it is a coordinated short attack to shake out the weak longs who joined upon the media hype recently, then they hope to cover at a lower price point. I have doubled down, bought another 150 shares at 100.
I hope you're right and you win big with your bet. Today's the last day for the options folks from Friday to pay up right? Too bad the entire "free" market is as transparent as mud.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Every time it shoots up too quickly there will be a halt; it's normal for that to happen. But... if it does this a few more times, it'll become self-perpetuating as FOMO kicks in.

If the diamond hands win this, then truly a great day. TSLA up and GME prevails?

And now a halt in the opposite direction going down. What a roller-coaster again.

• Helpful
Anyone else think its weird how closely GME, AMC, KOSS, EXPR follow each other in recent days? I mean I know they are all the big stories in the news but not related in Industry types. Just seems to me that they are being more manipulated by shortz then the rest of the market.

Capture.JPG

Anyone else think its weird how closely GME, AMC, KOSS, EXPR follow each other in recent days? I mean I know they are all the big stories in the news but not related in Industry types. Just seems to me that they are being more manipulated by shortz then the rest of the market.

View attachment 633280

Not just those. I’ve been following only recently as many has perhaps, but there’s about a couple dozen other shorted stocks with the same pattern (though not the same values).

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
I still have all AMC stock and calls I am glad I took all my cost basis and a little profit in the $19s I bought them in the $4.6ish. I should have sold all of it yesterday so I don't have to watch another position :mad:.

LOL, that is how i feel too. I just want to get rid of my EXPR (hopefully at least a slight profit) so I can stop watching another position of mine. :cool:.

• Helpful
I still have all AMC stock and calls I am glad I took all my cost basis and a little profit in the $19s I bought them in the $4.6ish. I should have sold all of it yesterday so I don't have to watch another position :mad:.
I also took out my cost basis when my GME and AMC was around 60% in the green, but the remainder of the shares I'm not even looking at any more.

I've just put some sell orders in at insane prices, because you never know. Since then, haven't glanced at the ticker once (besides reading about it here :)).

And as others have said, it's really not about the money with these stocks. If you invested in them because you wanted to turn a profit, that's just gambling. If I want to do that I just play TSLA weeklies.

Lol, that's an interesting perspective: a "gift of $3,200" and a "disaster of $20M" :p

Question: What is the 'fundamental value' of finding the cure for cancer?

This was NEVER about Gamestop. It was always about Hedgestop.