Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Mark Cuban just did an AMA on reddit a couple of hours ago, mostly about GME. Well worth reading all his comments (not just the highlighted ones).

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._everyone_its_mark_cuban_jumping_on_to_do_an/

Being a board member currently raising investment money for a private precision medicine company, I kinda liked his answer to this question :D
image.png

upload_2021-2-2_13-33-57.png

So GME got pushed down to around $75, then buying kicked in and it shot up to ~$150, then suddenly halt, next volume bar is empty, followed by walk down again. If that is not a clear sign of manipulation, I do not know what is.

@Lycanthrope thanks for the good wishes, but I am not playing GME to make money, just joining the fight against the evil shorting hedge funds, I do not care if I lose all $$$ I threw in, I can afford to thanks to my TSLA gains. My portofilo is up a lot more today thanks to TSLA, so I do not care. A few hundred GME is mouse nuts compared to thousands of TSLA ;)

I hope you're right and you win big with your bet. Today's the last day for the options folks from Friday to pay up right? Too bad the entire "free" market is as transparent as mud.

pay up, yep

- any non-expiring options trades from friday settled monday, likewise for options traded yesterday expiring today

but, for friday's expiration options:
- ignore out of the money, they expire worthless
- the stock and money settlement from exercised and assigned options settle today
(again to trade an option the settlement cycle is T+1, but once you are assigned or exericse - thus converting the option into stock, you then follow the stock settlement cycle of T+2)

so the net effect (of EnA - exercise and assignment) for each clearing/depo participant (some net long, some net short - CCP, central counterpart = 0 in theory) is due today

so broker a may have net long receive of GME at a DR of cash
example below
net CR 13,800 GME shares at net DR of $1,035,000 cash across series and strikes

but a layer down their account representing the net customer activity may look something like the following:
- owe 200 shares for the net exercise of 200 puts (CR $40k, DR 200 shs GME)
- owe 1,000 shares for the net exercise of 175 puts (CR 175k, DR 1000 GME)
- receive 10,000 shares for the net assignment of 100 puts (DR $1m, CR 10,000shs GME
- receive 5,000 shares for the net exercise of 50calls (DR $250k, CR 5000 shs GME)
and so on, and so on

Who is WSB? MSM narrative says it is the little guy. David vs Goliath is a great narrative. Reality is WSB could be anyone.
Can retail really move the market like we saw last week?
What investment banks own the majority of GME?
What investment banks are involved with Robinhood?
Has Robinhood been a tool for these investment banks to analyze retail trades and then manipulate with HFT?
Did the other investment banks not want those involved with Robinhood to have this advantage and saw GME as good way to teach them a lesson?
What investment banks own a large share of silver, specifically SLV?
Why are these same banks shorting silver?
Why does Citadel have a huge long position on SLV?

This is not about retail vs hedge funds. Based on the answers to the above questions this appears to be a war between hedge funds. Power plays to get ready for the great reset. Thanks for playing retail. You got suckered by a fake MSM narrative...again.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
You really think that GME is now shorted less than before? There's no evidence I'm aware of. You have to assume everything the hedge funds say is lies. As a specific case, do you think Citron is out like Andrew Left said?

I don't think the stock price spiked enough to reflect the kind of forced buying that the shorts would have to do to get out.

In any case, I'm just holding on to my 131 shares. It's not about the money.

FYI, that's how TSLAQ screwed themselves, thinking that everything the opposition says is a lie. There's no rational decision that can be made from this position.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
FYI, that's how TSLAQ screwed themselves, thinking that everything the opposition says is a lie. There's no rational decision that can be made from this position.
That's why I referred to evidence. TSLAQ is all wrong all the time, not because they don't believe their opponents but because they don't believe the evidence.

Oh, I bought another 100 shares of GME at 83.75. Actually, what I did was write a 2/5 GME 130 put at 46.25. So, if GME is below 130 at the close on Friday I will be making that purchase. If it's above 130, I'll just pocket the premium and buy shares with it later.

I think this does what I want, which is to support the cause. I'm not sure, with all the various moving parts, whether it does that as well as just buying shares. It's probably more or less equivalent to buying the delta number of shares, so about 50. Not sure though. But I'm sure it helps.

Reactions: ZsoZso
That's why I referred to evidence. TSLAQ is all wrong all the time, not because they don't believe their opponents but because they don't believe the evidence.

Where are you pulling the current short interest from? All I can find are the nasdaq reported ones, which are at least 10-days old. The only "evidence" I've seen, are the ones reported in the news, which you seem to be disagreeing with (since they all say that short-interest has significantly dropped).

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Sam
View attachment 633320
So GME got pushed down to around $75, then buying kicked in and it shot up to ~$150, then suddenly halt, next volume bar is empty, followed by walk down again. If that is not a clear sign of manipulation, I do not know what is.

@Lycanthrope thanks for the good wishes, but I am not playing GME to make money, just joining the fight against the evil shorting hedge funds, I do not care if I lose all $$$ I threw in, I can afford to thanks to my TSLA gains. My portofilo is up a lot more today thanks to TSLA, so I do not care. A few hundred GME is mouse nuts compared to thousands of TSLA ;)
Same as u

rr9n7obwq4f61.png

DFV still in. Key idea is no one should be overextended here. Have enough to matter, have enough to hurt.

Don't have enough to kill you because you can't fight another day otherwise.

If GME goes to 0, it might burn a week or two of TSLA options selling for me.

One can always earn more but principles are important. Leading by example to my kids that values/morals is paramount above all.

rr9n7obwq4f61.png

DFV still in. Key idea is no one should be overextended here. Have enough to matter, have enough to hurt.

Don't have enough to kill you because you can't fight another day otherwise.

If GME goes to 0, it might burn a week or two of TSLA options selling for me.

One can always earn more but principles are important. Leading by example to my kids that values/morals is paramount above all.
It's noble idea. But looks like GME is an imperfect vessel.