Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The official FINRA number is 78.64%, and that's the number(from what I gather) considered most accurate.

I'm still waiting for a link to your FINRA short interest data. But as far as what number would be most accurate I would assume it would be the NYSE number, since that is the actual exchange that GME is traded on. (FINRA doesn't cover all of the activity as we have learned with TSLA.) For TSLA we use the NASDAQ short interest data, as that is the exchange TSLA is traded on.

Some of the public sites have now updated the GME 1/29 short interest number for example: GME Short Interest Ratio (GameStop)

Which shows ~42%, ~21M shares, short interest that matches what I reported earlier.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Why exactly am I the one required to clear up your confusion? Do I have access to a different internet than you? Figure it out, then post.

I'm not confused. I looked and couldn't find the information you are reporting. I suspect that you are confused on what FINRA is reporting, but there is no way to know without you sharing your source.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
It's not the least bit unreasonable for someone to ask you to support your position with credible data. You made the claim, show the source if you can, or explain why you can't if not.
Go to Yahoo Finance.
Enter stock symbol "GME" in the search field.
Go to the tab "Statistics".
Look at "Short % of Float".

Or look it up on pretty much any trading platform.

Go to Yahoo Finance.
Enter stock symbol "GME" in the search field.
Go to the tab "Statistics".
Look at "Short % of Float".

Or look it up on pretty much any trading platform.

Got it, The problem was that you were calling it FINRA data when it isn't. You are looking at a different number that is based on some companies estimate of the number of shares that are tradeable. That is NYSE SI data calculated against the estimated float provided by Morningstar. (Different companies estimate the free float to be different, Morningstar seems to estimate that it is very low; only ~39% of the total shares issued. They are probably wrong.)

I looked through the last page and didn't see this posted yet. More proof that SEC stands for short enrichment commission.

“Fails-to-deliver can occur for a number of reasons on both long and short sales,” reads a disclaimer on the SEC website. “Therefore, fails-to-deliver are not necessarily the result of short selling, and are not evidence of abusive short selling or ‘naked’ short selling.”

Yeah right. I'm not saying that maybe Robinhood couldn't find the cash for some shares they're customers bought, but the vast majority of those failures to deliver were on the short side.

SEC Data Show $359 Million of GameStop Shares Failed to Deliver

I'm still bagholding my 23 shares with an average purchase price of around $300. I knew the risk I was taking, and is panned out about as I figured it would, although it happened quicker than I expected.

GME down, TSLA up. I hadn't even noticed TSLA crept back up to a respectable green close today. Could be that a few of our compatriots decided $780 was too tempting and called retreat on GME to get back into TSLA. Fair enough. Very modest volume on both today, and with both floats relatively tight, a bunch of retail buying/selling might be able to cause this afternoon's moves in both?

I'm sitting on 51 shares(up from my planned 2) at an averaged down $79.87. My plan is to hold at least until these $1400 checks go out some time in March and see what happens. Not in it for the money, but willing to take profits upon capitulation.

Short interest as of Jan 29th is noted as 78% of the available float, though logically IMO it's likely in the neighborhood of 100%. We get another update a week from today. Should be interesting to see if all this congressional activity has leads to the SEC fact-checking reported short interest or if certain parties feel the pressure to report more exact positions this time around with the spotlight glaring on them.

Fun times. Would love to see massive board changes and a transition plan to something with legitimate future prospects to capitalize on all this good will(and potentially cash). Why not turn this endeavor into a SPAC-esque acquisition/merger with some up-and-coming eSports startups? We got N3rd Street Gamers in Philly, why not chat them up?

I didn't lose more money than I could afford of course unlike many of the poor folks out there but basically they weren't wrong, they were just screwed over because the dealers flipped the tables when they were about to lose big because of their own screwup:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._interactive_brokers_ceo_admits_that_without/

The only mistake was assuming the rules actually applied to everyone equally.

I think there was hope of something bullish emerging out of the hearing, and all the market got was a picture of a kitty with the words "hang in there" written on it.

Interesting was how the mid day rally started the minute DFV started talking, even though his prepared testimony was published the day before and anyone who was paying attention knew what he was going to say.