Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, RH just lost my multi-million dollar account. Any suggestions on a new brokerage? I've been looking to move anyways since you can't even name a beneficiary on RH(!).

I guess the choice is between TDA, Schwab, IBKR? Any others I should take a look at?

IB pulled something similar to RH today. I would avoid them.

I have Fidelity and Schwab, I have liked Fidelity better, had problems executing trades on Schwab yesterday, but the margin rates of both suck.

I'm closing my accounts with Robinhood (only used for crypto) IBKR (my large non-retirement account) and TD-Ameritrade (long term savings) as soon as possible. I'm beyond livid. I'm a god damned accredited investor and I'm being treated like a child. I've also contacted my members of congress.

FYI Vanguard still allows me to actually trade what I want so they are going to get the influx of money.

Well, RH just lost my multi-million dollar account. Any suggestions on a new brokerage? I've been looking to move anyways since you can't even name a beneficiary on RH(!).

I guess the choice is between TDA, Schwab, IBKR? Any others I should take a look at?
I'm good with E*Trade. You can name beneficiary. Usually pretty responsive, but a bit logy today.

Etrade? Though I struggled for half an hour this morning with my portfolio, they are generally pretty good.

I don't have a huge account with RH, but I did make enough last year to pay cash for 2 Model 3's and the account still has more in it than it did a year ago. :)

I will be doing the same, time to find another online portal to trade.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I'm closing my accounts with Robinhood (only used for crypto) IBKR (my large non-retirement account) and TD-Ameritrade (long term savings) as soon as possible. I'm beyond livid. I'm a god damned accredited investor and I'm being treated like a child. I've also contacted my members of congress.

FYI Vanguard still allows me to actually trade what I want so they are going to get the influx of money.

Robinhood needs to die after this. There can't be any coming back from manipulation this blatant.

I'm with Schwab and only had some hiccups that seemed to be due to high volume. I have a sizable position in GME and a bit of AMC I'll be holding. They've all but ensured a powerful Streisand effect from halting buying -- at some point it must resume and demand will be higher than ever from the extra publicity.

How are people forgetting that RH's real customers are the hedge funds? The whole point of RH was to allow the big institutional investors access to trade flow. Of course they would be doing this today, their real customers asked them to.

Their real customers may be the hedge fund but they still need the retail users to operate. I am shocked that RH would be so shortsighted to spite their largest user base. Reddit basically built RH. With an upcoming IPO in the works as well? I don't see how they recover from this.

I use Etrade. Good interface and easy to make trades. Havent seen any real downside to it that sticks out to me. I have some smaller account in Fidelity and Vanguard but I dont like their interfaces at all.

Reactions: gabeincal