Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-1-28_14-16-9.png

Not that it will matter, but I made my peace.

I haven't spent much time on WSB before, so I don't know the full details and history of why they use that term, but I certainly think it makes sense in the context of the behavior we're seeing here: talking down to retail investors, being "concerned" about losses they may incur, and now literally disabling their ability to trade on multiple popular retail platforms.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I am very angry with Robinhood and others to pull off this bluntly wrong move.(I am no expert to say whether it was legal or not, but I have my opinion)

I am definitely moving things out of my Robinhood account.
But to find what would be the destination I started this thread, to document what are the actions taken by any broker.
Broker action surrounding GME etc on Jan-2021

Could you guys chime in?
Appreciated.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I own GME because I like the stock. I want these predatory, parasitic shorts to get burned into the ground. Imagine not being content to just hope someone's dreams fail and celebrate by making money out of some poor schmuck's despair -- no that's not enough -- now let's try to actively destroy companies with lies and media FUD and financial shenanigans, put people out of work in the middle of a pandemic, and then pop the champagne bottles to celebrate the purchase of another beach house built on the back of someone's misery. Maybe snort a line or two off some hooker's bits if you did particularly well and destroyed someone's life that week. And if it all goes chest up, just actually break the law by shutting down stock trading -- make up some bull and say you're doing it to protect the little guy. The actual lie you choose won't matter, the fine you get in a few years' time will be a fraction of the money it saved you. Oh, call shorting price discovery if it makes you feel better. I'm riding GME all the way back down to 0 if necessary. It'll be worth it to give these bastards a black eye. I haven't forgiven them for nearly destroying Tesla and setting back the earth's environmental recovery by potentially decades all in the name of making a few dollars.

So Schwab has restrictions on certain stocks for retail investors, but institutional investors have no such restrictions.
Schwab has been allowing people to buy GME throughout the Battle of Gamestop. However like all the brokers they have had some system outages but generally their uptime has been good, I've been able to trade when I wanted to these past few days.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Bought 1 share of GME, just on principle. Will sell at $420 and rebuy 2 on any dip below $250 forever.

I hope in the next few weeks the conversation moves on to possibilities. This party was started out of support for a dying and heavily attacked business that people liked. Would love to see this situation leverages into billions in resources to reboot into something related but new. Something in the spirit of this effort.

I’m so incredibly angry at this! I have only a small AMC position at Schwab. It’s not the money, which for me is negligible. It’s the sheer gall of these brokers to hold traders’ money hostage and deny traders the ability of free market trading (which they signed up for when the brokers happily took their deposits), even while opening an escape hatch for the shorts. It’s unconscionable. And it looks like collusion to me, between the brokers and the shorts. The SEC is useless, at best.

I own GME because I like the stock. I want these predatory, parasitic shorts to get burned into the ground. Imagine not being content to just hope someone's dreams fail and celebrate by making money out of some poor schmuck's despair -- no that's not enough -- now let's try to actively destroy companies with lies and media FUD and financial shenanigans, put people out of work in the middle of a pandemic, and then pop the champagne bottles to celebrate the purchase of another beach house built on the back of someone's misery. Maybe snort a line or two off some hooker's bits if you did particularly well and destroyed someone's life that week. And if it all goes chest up, just actually break the law by shutting down stock trading -- make up some bull and say you're doing it to protect the little guy. The actual lie you choose won't matter, the fine you get in a few years' time will be a fraction of the money it saved you. Oh, call shorting price discovery if it makes you feel better. I'm riding GME all the way back down to 0 if necessary. It'll be worth it to give these bastards a black eye. I haven't forgiven them for nearly destroying Tesla and setting back the earth's environmental recovery by potentially decades all in the name of making a few dollars.

With you all the way to zero if that’s what it takes.

I pulled my stake money out near the top so every penny I have in GME is free money. This a matter of principle now.

ps, I timed the market right! For the first time ever!!!! Tis a sign.