Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going down for maintenance this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we provide feedback on a post other than “like”? All I see in the mobile UI is “like”.

Yes you can, you just have to long press the like button and the other options will show up.

Also I assume you can’t search a current thread anymore.

It is still an option. When you click on "Search..." the first option is "Everywhere" which you can change to "This thread".

• Helpful
Reactions: danny and Krash
I may have missed it, but what are the differences between the ThreadLoom and XenForo searches? Shouldn't they both return the same results?

Different search engines. You should get the same results, but have different search options. (For example ThreadLoom lets you pick a sort order on the results page as well as filter them, while XenForo makes you pick your search order on the criteria page.)

When I tap on a current post it takes me to old posts several weeks ago and when it then tap on jump to new it still does not take me to the current post.
Jump to new only should take you to the last unread message, not the current post. To get to the current post, just use the pagination feature and select the last page, or from the thread listing, click the time of the last post (see attached). That will take you to the most recent post.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.51.02 AM.png

I may have missed it, but what are the differences between the ThreadLoom and XenForo searches? Shouldn't they both return the same results?
Sorry, I had been planning to rename those and just did. Elastic is the more native search which is much improved over the previous native search since I set up an elasticsearch server. It also powers some features like Similar threads. ThreadLoom search is through a search partner and does various things to improve search results. It's vastly better than our old native search and is probably still better than Elastic search in some ways. It also has some powerful filter features and uses computer vision for image search. Try both and let us know which is better.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I can't find the "Most Liked" and "Most Informative" lists. I always went directly to these and read the last 24 hours or 1 week. Am I just missing them, or are they not built yet? I'm a big fan of these. Would be sad if permanently gone.
Those were tools that we will most likely have to rebuild. We do intend to provide this again, but it may be slightly different, hopefully better. It is not at the top of our list at the moment, but neither is it at the bottom.

Reactions: Country Roads
Here are my ublock filters to increase the information density of the new UI

teslamotorsclub.com##.uix_fabBar--active.uix_fabBar > .p-title-pageAction
||teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/data/avatars/$image
teslamotorsclub.com##.avatar--default--dynamic.avatar--default.avatar--l.avatar
teslamotorsclub.com##dl.pairs--justified.pairs
teslamotorsclub.com##.message-userTitle.userTitle
teslamotorsclub.com##.message-avatar-online
teslamotorsclub.com##.p-nav
teslamotorsclub.com##.uix_headerInner
teslamotorsclub.com##.p-body-header
teslamotorsclub.com##.uix_headerContainer
teslamotorsclub.com##.p-footer
teslamotorsclub.com##.p-body-pageContent > div.block:nth-of-type(2n+2)

Most posts in the threads I follow have only one line of text, so with the new large avatar, each post's header and footer, I had to get rid of lots of things to be able to skim through threads as before.

I also miss the old way of counting the reactions (likes, disagrees...) which allowed to identify the most interesting posts at a glance. I hope roundtableroundup.app will come back as I'm now unable to quickly browse through the investors subforum without having to read every single comment.

So we just did an update that fixed a few issues:
  1. New Posts feed used to have a filter called "Watched content" (which included any threads that are watched, and content from forums that are watched). We have essentially separated that out into two filters, one called "Watched Threads", and another called "Watched Forums" (which really means threads from watched forums). Most people have been asking for a way to see unread watched threads. To do that see the following screenshot:
    screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2021.03.22-20_01_42.png
    You can of course combine with "Watched Forums" as well. If you want to see just Unread Threads from Watched Forums, you the select "Unread threads" and "Watched forums".These can all be combined with the other filters available there. Please let us know if you notice any issues with the functionality.
  2. The lower tab bar on mobile, that used to display in read, is now displaying in the same color as the top navbar. This should be better for readability.
  3. We made some changes to the navigation organization, in particular we added some links for the most important forums. If you feel something is missing in the navbar and its sublinks, please let us know.
We made some other minor visual improvements.

We intend to at some point add a feed for "Recent Threads". Is that of interest? And what filters would you want to be able to apply to that? Just "Unread", or any others important as well.

We do want some kind of a solution for a best posts feed, we are just considering the best way of doing that.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, we now have the "What's new" link in the navbar taking you directly to the "New posts" feed, instead of that "What's new feed" that it used to take you to. We will likely just remove the "What's new" feed at some point as it doesn't really seem to serve much of a purpose, but we will keep the "What's new" as the link title in the navbar as it is a catch all for both "New posts", "Recent threads", and the other new feeds.

New Posts feed used to have a filter called "Watched content" (which included any threads that are watched, and content from forums that are watched). We have essentially separated that out into two filters, one called "Watched Threads", and another called "Watched Forums" (which really means threads from watched forums). Most people have been asking for a way to see unread watched threads. To do that see the following screenshot:

Thanks for this, it gets us back to close to what we had before. (And it showed me some posts that I was missing with the Tampermonkey script because they were only pages further in than I was looking.)

I just wish we could have direct URLs for both "All New Posts" and "Watched Threads with New Posts". For two reasons:
  1. Single click easy favorite item to get what I want. (vs. having to adjust the filters between different uses.)
  2. The ability to just hit F5, or click refresh, to get the most recent list of threads with unread posts. (I'll get used to clicking "New posts" for this eventually.)

Something I forgot to mention, the "What's new" link on the bottom tab in mobile still goes to the "What's new" feed. We will change that soon to go to the "New posts feed" directly.

I just wish we could have direct URLs for both "All New Posts" and "Watched Threads with New Posts". For two reasons:
So it sounds like you are interested in "Unread", and "Unread" + "Watched Threads". My suggestion is that you set the latter as the default, and whenever you want to see the former, just simply click 'x' to remove that filter:

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2021.03.22-20_28_34.png

Yes, I know that is not quite one click, but on the old site, it was a hover plus a click. So this really isn't much more work. We can consider adding direct links to the various combinations, but we have to consider how not to clutter the interface and not make it less intuitive.

@danny the biggest problem left now, that I know of, is that if you post a reply in a thread it takes you to that reply, i.e. the last page in the thread, and marks the whole thing as read even if you had pages of unread posts to go.
Psst, if you have pages of unread in a thread, you shouldn't be posting a reply. I know I'm probably in the minority with that view, but years of watching folks in the investor threads post outdated/repeat things over and over and over without catching up first has had an impact on my sentiments on this.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Here are my ublock filters to increase the information density of the new UI

Most posts in the threads I follow have only one line of text, so with the new large avatar, each post's header and footer, I had to get rid of lots of things to be able to skim through threads as before.

I also miss the old way of counting the reactions (likes, disagrees...) which allowed to identify the most interesting posts at a glance. I hope roundtableroundup.app will come back as I'm now unable to quickly browse through the investors subforum without having to read every single comment.

+1 to these, especially the lower information density on desktop. Between the large headers and signatures there is a ton of wasted space which lowers readability for me. Interestingly, it's significantly better on mobile. I'd love an ability to compact the desktop view.