Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on 2021.36.5.2 I can no longer engage autopilot. Did they push a red button and force downgrade to us because of bug discovered? Can anyone else engage autopilot on 2021.36.5.2?
I was able to engage FSD on one drive .. now it does NOT engage .. and 36.5.1 just auto downloaded to car and I have same question as others .. am I being downgraded (?) .. on the single FSD drive I did successfully complete.. I disengaged twice (too fast approaching rotary and in wrong lane for my destination turn)…. And FSD disengaged twice on its own (in rotary near end , and after left turn intersection after red light) .. I now have only manual drive .. and I get frequent chime alerts while driving calmly .. straight .. at speed limit .. almost one chime warning per mile .. so I want FSD to work .. although don’t think going back to 36.5.1 feels like an advance

yeah looks like they pulled 5.1. I would expect another software update soon, either 10.2, or 10.3 fixed.
Maybe in their panic to roll back 10.3, they accidentally pushed out the wrong update. i noticed that I had two back to back notifications on my phone that updates were available. I said no for now, because I have to leave in a few minutes and can't wait an hour for the install. Went out to the car, and there's no request to update to update. Software tab says I'm up to date. Clearly, Tesla got their heads lost somewhere in their own ass and are trying figure out how to get it out.

First they steal money from my account by lying and telling me I auto enrolled in Automatic Direct Debit, which I did no such thing. Was furious. Then was pleasantly distracted by Santa Elon's gift of FSD after all these years, only to learn he wants to take it back less than 12 hours later. If I were a kid, would defintely need therapy when I got older!! LOL

I keep looking more and more forward to August, when after 9 years, I'll no longer be a Tesla owner.

Maybe in their panic to roll back 10.3, they accidentally pushed out the wrong update. i noticed that I had two back to back notifications on my phone that updates were available. I said no for now, because I have to leave in a few minutes and can't wait an hour for the install. Went out to the car, and there's no request to update to update. Software tab says I'm up to date. Clearly, Tesla got their heads lost somewhere in their own ass and are trying figure out how to get it out.

First they steal money from my account by lying and telling me I auto enrolled in Automatic Direct Debit, which I did no such thing. Was furious. Then was pleasantly distracted by Santa Elon's gift of FSD after all these years, only to learn he wants to take it back less than 12 hours later. If I were a kid, would defintely need therapy when I got older!! LOL

I keep looking more and more forward to August, when after 9 years, I'll no longer be a Tesla owner.

It’s certainly not a good look.

Maybe in their panic to roll back 10.3, they accidentally pushed out the wrong update.

Same thing I was thinking here...

It almost sounds like someone could have phat fingered the rollback to 10.2 and instead pushed all beta testers to public release by accident; and are just noticing they did that, "ruh oh, guys fix that now..." could be what is going on here. If so and you install the public 36.5.1, and that is unexpected, the system is likely going to put you back at square one in the queue, not in the beta etc. Because they surely didn't plan for such a scenario.

The push of 2021.36.5.1 seems to have been stopped. I agree, they pushed the wrong OTA update. It could be that they couldn't sort out those that went 10.2 to 10.3 from those who went production to 10.3 (the 99 crowd) and so sent everyone the non beta production software.

Many of us still have 10.3 with no software update pending. I think we can almost count on another update after they sort things out.

So does this mean I need to watch my safety score again?
My GAWD!!! I can't revert back to that time of Tesla Safety Scoring ever again or I'll go out of my mind. FCW's nearly destroyed me, and now they do again, but this time I turned off the FCW notification and seems to help... I'll keep it without ever using FSD again. I like the updated screen display...

What is going on?? I received the 10.3 Beta early this AM with release 2021.36.5.2 which is currently installed. But now 2021.36.5.1 is downloading....if I install it, it will wipe out FSD 10.3 Beta, correct? Need some advice on what to do....
Art Masson
What is totally messed up is my score went down (99 --> 97) after the downgrade to 2021.36.5.1 and now I don't think I'll get the fsb beta again when they decide to re-do 2021.36.5.2.. This sucks!!!!

What is going on?? I received the 10.3 Beta early this AM with release 2021.36.5.2 which is currently installed. But now 2021.36.5.1 is downloading....if I install it, it will wipe out FSD 10.3 Beta, correct? Need some advice on what to do....
Art Masson
Score went down after downgrade, will the same cars get the update again, or will we lose the opportunity if our score went down?

Lost beta FSD, got the 101.9 FCW like others. 44 safety score for today (yeah, right) 95 overall. Was of course 99 last night. Really, by all rights, they should "grandfather" those that got the 10.3 update in, and not make them go through SS Hell again.