Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They removed it completely. I feel that was best for a clean install later, but the messaging was unclear. Does everyone need to opt in and redo their driving test to get good scores again?

It's odd that they can't push out 10.2 again. Maybe there could be some conflicts with files in 10.3 already in the car? I guess better be safe and delete all FSD from the car. Hope they provide more info later. Even though I don't like the current FSD, it still sucks losing a feature especially a paid feature.

It is NOT YET a ”paid feature”. It is beta development software that should, eventually, become a “paid feature”.

I would not sign up for the safety score again. Just let Tesla fix the 10.3 bugs and redeploy to the same VINs.

It might be a few days to a week or so for this to be fixed. Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: GWord
Ok so the million dollar question is, for those of us were the FSD beta seems to be working perfectly and we have no issues, what happens if we don’t install 36.5.1. Will we get another update later, or do we have to go through this current push before we get a more advanced version.

Like everyone else, I had 36.5.2 this morning and installed over the app....out of town. Then I see the downgrade in the app before getting home and didn't click install. Now that I am home 2 hours later, I don't get the option for 36.5.1

Now I am liking the FSD Beta 10.3 if it works....but sounds like it is broken and I need my car to drive on the highways tomorrow.

On my Beta 10.3 drive this morning, I was getting multiple unwarranted FCWs without FSD engaged. Since this latest push to 2021.36.5.1 is the public non-beta version, there's a chance there is a problem in 10.2 and 10.3 considered dangerous enough to pull both, and maybe doing a full revert to public until they work this out. Just a guess that the urgency is to get it reverted before anyone ends up in an accident. I think they were aware of related issues in 10.2, hoped 10.3 made it better, but was worse (and dangerous) instead; so they just yanked beta completely for now.

This sounds like a bad place to be development wise IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eugene Ash and Thp3
Ok so the million dollar question is, for those of us were the FSD beta seems to be working perfectly and we have no issues, what happens if we don’t install 36.5.1. Will we get another update later, or do we have to go through this current push before we get a more advanced version.
I in the same boat, I was on 10.2 before today's update. Decided to install 36.5.1 now, I know that would remove beta completely :(. Hope there is be a 10.2 push later.

It is a bummer but I experienced some really odd behavior, even for a beta. While stopped at a red light my car decided to just start going while it was still red. Luckily I was able to slam on the brakes while getting crazy looks from those around me. While driving in a parking lot my car also decided to go in the oncoming lane and almost went head on with a golf cart. I’m good to wait for the kinks to get fixed!

On my Beta 10.3 drive this morning, I was getting multiple unwarranted FCWs without FSD engaged. Since this latest push to 2021.36.5.1 is the public non-beta version, there's a chance there is a problem in 10.2 and 10.3 considered dangerous enough to pull both, and maybe doing a full revert to public until they work this out. Just a guess that the urgency is to get it reverted before anyone ends up in an accident. I think they were aware of this in 10.2, hoped 10.3 made it better but was worse instead and they played fkit revert card.

Are you saying you got FCWs without any AP engaged? Just wondering if I should revert or not. I was planning to drive without any AP.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Are you saying you got FCWs without any AP engaged? Just wondering if I should revert or not. I was planning to drive without any AP.

Yes, I used FSD on the way out of my neighborhood but disengaged as it was annoying and I wasn't really in a beta test mood at the time, at least not that cluster **** of 10.3. :D On the way back, I decided to just drive manually and that's when I got the crazy FCWs in a row for no real reason.

The problem is; I went for a short drive this morning to test FSD beta but it would not engage and it kept giving erroneous forward collision warnings, after downgrading the software I see I was penalized for the fcw and now have been reduced from 99 to 97 safety score.