Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still on 2021.36.5.2 here, strange because I drove for 90 minutes and didn’t run into any of the issues people are reporting. Something about my vehicle configuration?
It happened to me too - it came and went away and now I have no FSD, which I'm fine with - I can't go back to the Safety Scoring System or I'll have a nervous breakdown. I do like the improved interface of the Beta FSD, sans FSD...

Reactions: gaspi101
Maybe in their panic to roll back 10.3, they accidentally pushed out the wrong update. i noticed that I had two back to back notifications on my phone that updates were available. I said no for now, because I have to leave in a few minutes and can't wait an hour for the install. Went out to the car, and there's no request to update to update. Software tab says I'm up to date. Clearly, Tesla got their heads lost somewhere in their own ass and are trying figure out how to get it out.

First they steal money from my account by lying and telling me I auto enrolled in Automatic Direct Debit, which I did no such thing. Was furious. Then was pleasantly distracted by Santa Elon's gift of FSD after all these years, only to learn he wants to take it back less than 12 hours later. If I were a kid, would defintely need therapy when I got older!! LOL

I keep looking more and more forward to August, when after 9 years, I'll no longer be a Tesla owner.
I'm totally there with you!!! I'm just enjoying the new Beta FSD interface, the colors, sans FSD, I don't care anymore. I just can't go back to a Safety Score that rattled my brain with bogus FCW's that destroyed my score for weeks... I can't go through that again...

Reactions: kizamybute'
You can turn off FCW and that seems to help quite a bit...

Chill, pal, just Chill.

It’s unlikely you will need to pay attention to the safety score anymore.

Everything in Linux is a file. There is a file of VINs that was used to send out the 2021.36.5.2 update.

When Tesla gets a “safe” FSD build, (2021.36.5.3,… 2021.36.5.10) the file of VINs at 100/99 will get reused.

Yeah, I don’t actually know what is really happening, but this is the easiest method for Tesla to recover to what they tried to do Saturday night. I’m glad this happened on the weekend, so there is time to recover. I always wondered why updates happened on weekends … Now, maybe, I know….

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Chill, pal, just Chill.

It’s unlikely you will need to pay attention to the safety score anymore.

Everything in Linux is a file. There is a file of VINs that was used to send out the 2021.36.5.2 update.

When Tesla gets a “safe” FSD build, (2021.36.5.3,… 2021.36.5.10) the file of VINs at 100/99 will get reused.

Yeah, I don’t actually know what is really happening, but this is the easiest method for Tesla to recover to what they tried to do Saturday night. I’m glad this happened on the weekend, so there is time to recover. I always wondered why updates happened on weekends … Now, maybe, I know….
🤞

Reactions: gaspi101
It is NOT YET a ”paid feature”. It is beta development software that should, eventually, become a “paid feature”.

I would not sign up for the safety score again. Just let Tesla fix the 10.3 bugs and redeploy to the same VINs.

It might be a few days to a week or so for this to be fixed. Patience is a virtue.

It is paid. I don't think anyone not forking over the $200 sub or $2k to $10k gets FSD Beta. Autopilot is still in Beta and it was a paid feature but now it's free to everyone. I don't see FSD beta being the same as AP. Unless I am mistaken, is FSD enrollment open for all during this Beta phase? Everyone can get it now?

I'm totally there with you!!! I'm just enjoying the new Beta FSD interface, the colors, sans FSD, I don't care anymore. I just can't go back to a Safety Score that rattled my brain with bogus FCW's that destroyed my score for weeks... I can't go through that again...
Same here, I actually got put in AP “jail” while using 10.3 this morning. Bunch of FCW for NO reason, then the red steering wheel and message: “autopilot is unavailable for the rest of the drive” or something like that. This was all within like 5 seconds of each other.

Same here too, I just turned off the FCW notification option, went to chill mode, and don't use any automated driving options and I'm getting my car back, which is a refreshing change from all the bogus FCW's on the Safety Score I received and took weeks to get back to 99... I'll be damned if I'll go back to that nightmare scenario. I've already decided I'll move on to Porsche if this doesn't end well...