Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately english is only my third language after Danish and German, so can you please point out what the error is?

I looked at Use gets in a Sentence With gets Sentence Examples but did not completely understood why the word "gets" is wrong in the sentence?

It should be singular ("get"). "I get", "you get", "we get", "they get". With "he", "she", or "it" - "gets" would be correct. Honestly, I'm not sure what the actual grammar rule is.

Unfortunately english is only my third language after Danish and German, so can you please point out what the error is?

I looked at Use gets in a Sentence With gets Sentence Examples but did not completely understood why the word "gets" is wrong in the sentence?

Generally, if the person/object is singular you use the plural "gets" as in "...gets his car first", "...gets her car first"; but if the person/object is plural then use the singular "get" as in "...get their cars first" , "...get our cars first" etc. Of course there are also exceptions but don't worry about it, we all understood your post perfectly well and even those of us who have English as our first language can mis-type sometimes.

A Public Service Message:

"loose" is pronounced like "moose" and and means not fixed in place or to let something go (like an arrow)
"lose" is pronounced like "choose" and means to give up or be deprived of something or to not win.

Yeah, and then there's "choose" vs "chose", crazy English...

Back to the discussion at hand....

Let me fix that for you:
A Public Service Message:

The word "loose" is pronounced like "moose" and and means "not fixed in place or to let something go" (like an arrow).
The word "lose" is pronounced like "choose" and means "to give up or be deprived of something or to not win".

Yeah, and then there's "choose" vs "chose". crazy English....

Back to the discussion at hand....
There's always something to improve.

Last edited by a moderator: