Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NicB72

Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2016
Concord, MA
I have to give praise to Dedham, MA Tesla service department today.
I woke up this morning to find a crack in the roof of my 2week old Model S. It looked like a stress fracture and it was about 8inches long starting at the join at the back of the sliding part of the roof.

I called Tesla support and then the Dedham service dept. They asked me to pop in, which I did this afternoon and they took a look.

I was expecting them to say one of the following
1) Its not covered under warranty, etc.
2) We will order the part and you will have to come back in a couple of weeks.

Instead they said 'Yep, covered under warranty and replacing it now, grab a coffee'.
I was out of there in under an hour, refreshed from the coffee and with a shiny new sunroof.

Great work, great service.

I'll give praise to:

Yesterday AM the voice command and bluetooth on my 2 week old S60 packed it in (I had been having WiFi issues as well, and had spoken with them on the phone several times last week). Since I was working near the SC in Seattle SoDo, when I finished work I took the car to them (unannounced and without an appointment). I was met by the tech who was working my "case", a fellow named David France. He came out to the car, replicated the errors, did some minor diagnostics, and told me that I needed a new MCU. He then walked with me to the parts desk (to find an appropriate one in stock, and physically located it), then arranged for me to get a loaner S85 and had me on my way home in less than an hour.

Today I got a call that the WiFi antenna was being replaced as it was faulty, and that after a firmware update the rear view camera was having issues. They are keeping the car, and will continue to update me.

This was exactly the kind of service that I had hoped for (and not really expected...). The Seattle SoDo service center, and Mr. France in particular, have treated me like an intelligent person with an actual life, have kept me updated, on the road and feeling like my business is valued. It doesn't get better than that!

I can offer no higher praise than: "Strong WORK!" (and of course to let anyone reading this thread know about it...).

I'll chime in too: Bellevue WA

I'm on a road trip. As I was driving toward Seattle, I called the Bellevue SC to say that while driving at night, I noticed the headlights on my new Model S were misaligned -- and can I come right in? Sure, they said. I arrived at 11:00 a.m., signed the work order, and noticed they took my car in right away. Within 45 minutes, they confirmed the aiming was off, fixed it, and had me on my way. AND they emailed the next day to ask if I was satisfied.

Extremely happy.

Reactions: NicB72