Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Car Reports has article today on Migrating from Gen 1 Model S to P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the P85D is "gen 1" as much as a 2012 Model S. It has some improvements, yes, but it's hardly Model S 2.0. It's more like version 1.5.
Going to have to disagree here. I think AWD combined with autopilot features (when delivered) is a pretty strong argument for 2.0 of the platform.

Then again, in some ways I would agree with calling Sigs a v0.9 product at times.

But the P85D is "gen 1" as much as a 2012 Model S. It has some improvements, yes, but it's hardly Model S 2.0. It's more like version 1.5.

Coming from a late 2013 P85, the late-2014 autopilot car (especially the P85D) is a significantly changed and upgraded car. If not 2.0, then at least 1.5. But really the autopilot additions alone push this into a 2.0 type of change.

"Current production Model S cars can intelligently change lanes on their own via full proximity sensing systems and a simple flick of the turn signal when at freeway speeds. This feature too is currently operational."

Is that correct?

I am not an owner yet, but I do believe I've read a thread that is operational as part of the TACC. If your are cruising below your Max and flick the signal, the car will change lanes and then speed up to your max speed (if traffic or any other car you end up following allow for it).

I am not an owner yet, but I do believe I've read a thread that is operational as part of the TACC. If your are cruising below your Max and flick the signal, the car will change lanes and then speed up to your max speed (if traffic or any other car you end up following allow for it).

Not quite: at this time (.139/.140 firmware) all steering inputs are still done by the human driver. Flicking the left turn signal while TACC is engaged induces an acceleration under software control toward the current set point speed, no more. I haven't experimented to see what happens if you don't change lanes.

Not quite: at this time (.139/.140 firmware) all steering inputs are still done by the human driver. Flicking the left turn signal while TACC is engaged induces an acceleration under software control toward the current set point speed, no more. I haven't experimented to see what happens if you don't change lanes.

Thank you, I stand corrected. I must have read the thread that they flicked the turn signal and turned the steering wheel without any input to the "go" pedal and misrembered. :)

I've been lurking for quite a while, but now I'm an owner so I decided to register finally!

I too am wondering about that... Is there a place to get details on what was affected by software updates?

- - - Updated - - -

I found this but it's old: http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/software-v60
Tesla must have a list somewhere...