Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Light Chime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sharing the opposite, I find the chime to be fantastic. Such a small thing, but so useful because now I don't have to glue my eyes and watch the traffic light.

It's probably one of those things that most people don't even realize, but once you're used to the convenience, you wouldn't want it otherwise. And I typically have music playing, and the chime isn't too loud, and doesn't interfere with it at all.

If it doesn't belong in FSD, and Tesla isn't giving things away for free, should they make an Advanced Diver Assistance package that is between AP and FSD? What should it include? Driver initiated lane changes while on AP, Chime on green, Basic Summon, and what else? How much should it cost?
They used to. It was called enhanced autopilot. It includes lane change, summon and auto park.

I am sharing the opposite, I find the chime to be fantastic. Such a small thing, but so useful because now I don't have to glue my eyes and watch the traffic light.

It's probably one of those things that most people don't even realize, but once you're used to the convenience, you wouldn't want it otherwise. And I typically have music playing, and the chime isn't too loud, and doesn't interfere with it at all.
I wish it would prompt a little more quickly though - takes a couple of seconds.

Reactions: CO_MY
Maybe it was just me, will give it more time - probably just overly aggressive.

Thought I would add, I noticed that there is a delay for the chime if you are multiple cars behind the stop light. It made me recall in the notes saying that in this case, the chime would only happen after the car in front of you starts to move. Perhaps this is the reason why you experienced the delay? Otherwise when I've been the first car at the light, it's within half a second it'll chime.

the green light chime is almost immediate when the light changes. This might get annoying[...]

That’s crazy and yes would be terribly annoying! The early collision warning is well done, if you’re at all trending to slow it will suppress the beeps - the green light chime should delay at least 1 second.

I agree that it’s too fast. I’ve had it turned on for only half a day and I’m almost ready to give up on it already. It’s a shame, too, since it’s such a good idea, but the vast majority of times it has chimed at me, I had noticed the green light right away and just didn’t react fast enough for the car’s liking. Which is annoying.

It’s no more than a 1 second delay. Possibly a bit less. Increasing the delay even slightly to something like 1.5 seconds would be much better in practice. I know that might sound nitpicky — I probably would’ve thought so myself before experiencing it firsthand — but ≤1 second is just too fast. I don’t want to have to keep my foot hovering over the accelerator pedal while I anxiously wait for the light to change just to avoid a nag. My $0.02.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve