Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had my First Test Drive Today.. Hmmmmmm...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My other car is a Porsche Cayman. Have also owned other Porsches. I don't drive the Cayman much. I prefer the Model S. Sure it doesn't handle as well but the cars are not comparable. I prefer to look at the big picture: the Tesla is the most amazing car I have ever owned and it burns no gas.

I agree.

I fretted for months about getting the Tesla because I didn't have room in my garage for my Boxster S and the Tesla. I love driving the Boxster in the mountains; downshifting on steep mountain roads. Finally, my wife came up with a solution where I could keep the Boxster and get the Tesla, so I did.

After driving the Tesla for four weeks, we took it to the mountains and I drove the same roads I drove in the Boxster. Regenerative braking worked very well going up and down those same steep, curvy roads.

We came home and I drove Boxster to do some errands. The next day I had more errands and I chose the Tesla. It was then I realized I would not be driving the Boxster around town anymore. Tesla torque and EV over ICE. We sold the Boxster two days later.

I shouldn't have waited!

So I'm thinking about ordering the Model S.. My garage is attached to the house, but I can only access it from the large garage door from the exterior of house. My electric panel is in the laundry room, approximately 50 ft, from the garage....
@Jeffrey: Hmmmmmmmm....Well, it appears that you may be about to prove the nay sayers (including your's truly) wrong. The TMC sales force (ie your fellow forum members) appear to be mightier than the " dealership"! Fortunately they are enthusiastic for all the right reasons. If you get the car, let us know what you think after a few months of ownership. I'll bet that you will be as positive about the S as the rest of us.

I think it is all relative. I found 911's to be very boring to drive with their low torque/power, delicate feel and quiet sound compared to my Dodge Viper. I realized the Model S would be a sedan and not a sports car and have been very happy with it. Will get a Viper or Ferrari too when the Model S is paid for to satisfy the sports car need.