Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my hope but IF history repeats itself *most* will go to Board members, big financial backers and Friends of Elon.

I noted in a post above that I believe it would not only be the *right* thing to do but would be a great statement/seminal moment as the more affordable Tesla that was what the mission statement is all about went to the very people that are in the *trenches* everyday. People that represent the *everyman* that the car's 35K price tag was meant to target.
Al, I agree with you 100%. There is no reason in the world that the executives and board members can't put off their own gratification until the next month and let the employees get the first cars. I will go further and say the lower level the employee, the better.

It won't be the end of the world if they don't follow your idea, but I agree with you that it would make a great statement/story. Cheers.

You have local standby guests ready and hoping! ;)

Also, there is no guarantee about multiple guests. Some of these events they only let you bring one besides yourself.
I'll keep that in mind. ;)

The Model 3 event was an award for more than one referral program. For past events, if you qualified under more than one program, people were allowed to bring guests for each reward program. If they allow that again, then we might have an extra invite or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdub
Presumably thousands of employee cars. One thousand employee cars gives about a million test miles per month. This release strategy was revealed in the unpublished footnotes of the master plan. of employee cars. One thousand employee cars gives about a million test miles per month. This release strategy was revealed in the unpublished footnotes of the master plan.

I'm thinking about going to work for Tesla:p

No reason to be sorry that you can deliver more... "Yes, I know we said we should deliver 30 cars at this event, but there is a small change in plans based on the ramp up at the production line. So it will deliver 50 cars, not only 30". Or something like that...

He wouldn't be actually sorry, it's just the setup for a punch line. Ideally said with a smile and a laugh and some amount of a pregnant pause.

That is my hope but IF history repeats itself *most* will go to Board members, big financial backers and Friends of Elon.

I noted in a post above that I believe it would not only be the *right* thing to do but would be a great statement/seminal moment as the more affordable Tesla that was what the mission statement is all about went to the very people that are in the *trenches* everyday. People that represent the *everyman* that the car's 35K price tag was meant to target.

Friends aren't employees.

How many board members and VPs does Tesla, Tesla Energy, and SpaceX have if you don't count Elon or anyone else multiple times for each job title?

Friends aren't employees.

How many board members and VPs does Tesla, Tesla Energy, and SpaceX have if you don't count Elon or anyone else multiple times for each job title?

I have no idea of the actual number of people this would include. I just feel that none of them should be in the first 30: employees only.
Sends a message

Reactions: erthquake
I wouldn't get too hung up on who the first cars go to - a great message is being sent by putting employees ahead of the general public. No doubt that it would be a great message to only give out the cars to non-execs. But then do you pick the hourly folks, those who have been with Tesla the longest, the engineering team, maintenance, ... where do you start.

I don't want to see it overly complicated. Employees are first in line, before the rest of us. And that sends a great message already.

I wouldn't get too hung up on who the first cars go to - a great message is being sent by putting employees ahead of the general public. No doubt that it would be a great message to only give out the cars to non-execs. But then do you pick the hourly folks, those who have been with Tesla the longest, the engineering team, maintenance, ... where do you start.

I don't want to see it overly complicated. Employees are first in line, before the rest of us. And that sends a great message already.

Lottery of employees that reserved on their 'day one' for reservations. If that gets a mixtures of executives, maintenance, factory workers, sales people I am OK with that. Not that anyone in Palo Alto listens to Al Mc.:eek:;)

I have no idea of the actual number of people this would include. I just feel that none of them should be in the first 30: employees only.
Sends a message

Well I was bored/curious so I did a little google fu.

From TSLA IR (I'm not putting titles on these, some have multiple):
Elon Musk
JB Straubel
Deepak Ahuja
Brad W. Buss
Robyn M. Denholm
Ira Ehrenpreis
Antonio J. Gracias
Steve Jurvetson
Kimbal Musk

From WSJ TSLA list:
Gary Clark Chief Information Officer
Jim Keller Vice President-Autopilot Hardware Engineering
Chris Porritt Vice President-Vehicle Engineering
Jerome Guillen Vice President-Worldwide Services & Deliveries
Gilbert Passin Vice President-Manufacturing
John K. Walker Vice President-North America Sales
Franz von Holzhausen Chief Designer
Jonathan McNeill President-Global Sales & Service
Eric Branderiz Chief Accounting Officer, VP & Controller
Jeffrey K. Evanson Vice President-Investor Relations
Gabrielle B. Toledano Chief People Officer
Todd A. Maron General Counsel

SpaceX: I couldn't find an official SpaceX page easily. Theses are easy names to top off with:
Gwynne Shotwell. (President and COO)
Tom Mueller. (CTO of Propulsion)

I see 23 well shy of 30 to leave room for random people and I wouldn't be surprised if half of these don't get an early Model 3. I can't speak for any of them but maybe they already have enough Tesla's in their stable (S or X) and don't need a 3. Maybe one of them is secretly an ICE driver and loves the sound of a roaring engine. o_O

So say 10 of these get an early model 3 and 20 spots are left over for employees not on the top 20 list. I think that's a fine mix. Just make sure to include someone from each of

Tesla
Tesla Energy
SpaceX

to make sure the whole family is shown appreciation.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Model 3 and AlMc
Status
Not open for further replies.