Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had them on my Model 3 and returned them, thanks to the 30 Day Trial policy. The tires were good, if not for the fact that I had the Kinergy GT on my second M3 and these did not match up. The EVO AS has a fantastic steering response but then at the same time, it is whinier/noisier at highways speeds on weathered concrete roads, and which sadly makes up for most of my driving.

I had them on my Model 3 and returned them, thanks to the 30 Day Trial policy. The tires were good, if not for the fact that I had the Kinergy GT on my second M3 and these did not match up. The EVO AS has a fantastic steering response but then at the same time, it is whinier/noisier at highways speeds on weathered concrete roads, and which sadly makes up for most of my driving.
Thanks for the input. What did you end up replacing them with?

The 19" iONs on our MY have just finished the first bit of breaking in at 677 miles. My spouse does the driving and says they're quieter except when they're not (like when driving over a clump of road salt) and feel a bit stiff when cold. Mostly the same as the Continentals. It's too early to make an efficiency calls.

Just an FYI. Picked up a set of Hankook iON evo AS for my Model S from Walmart.

They seem to have these tires mislisted (some sizes). The title says 102T but the tire is actually 102W.

In my size they were priced at $204 a tire, with free shipping when everyone else wants $290+ a tire. Plus you get a $70 rebate on 4.

Example

Add me to the list. Just got these installed last week. Definitely a noticeable/significant improvement over my OE Conti ProContacts. As others have said, these ION Evo’s are very smooth and quiet, especially at very high speeds. Also, mine does not have the diamond side pattern. So, they look as good/great as they feel. Highly recommended!!

IMG_7031.jpeg

After 38,000 miles on our Model Y, it was finally time to replace the stock Continental tires on our 19" wheels. As most tire companies have or are working on EV specific tires, I figured I buy the latest and greatest available, since there are probably new innovations every month.

I ended up ordering the Hankook ION evo AS SUV 255/45R19 from Discount Tire, and had them install it Yesterday. The price came out to $261/each with an online price-match, which is less than the OEM or Goodyear Electricdrive GT's.

The ride is so smooth and quiet! Think they're more comfort oriented than the factory set, but I'm totally fine with that. The tire noise is significantly reduced (too bad I didn't have a device to measure the before/after difference with!), and I highly recommend these just for that!

Sounds familiar. I got the 20" staggered HK ION AS SUV tires on my older MX. So far about 1,200 miles on them during an interstate trip to San Diego and back to Reno In the past, I did not measure the inside noise with a db meter on the OEM tires years ago, but I did measure it on my last set of Pirelli tires (when new) that lasted 32,500 miles and still could get another 3,000 or more miles, but I don't like to push the life on long road trips across the USA.

These new Hankook tires measured about 4 db less noise than the older Pirelli tires on the same stretch of road under the same conditions and varying speed from 50 to 80 mph. Even without the meter, my ears told me immediately they were quieter than my last set of tires or the OEM ones, but hey, maybe I am just getting deafer in my old age :rolleyes:

Handling: My experience is not important or even valid since I don't push the Tesla. My thrill days are long behind me.

As for the efficiency, I think it is too early to tell because of only driving 1200 miles and due to other variances, such as external temperature, etc. Along the same route under approximate same ambient temperature, no AC/heat usage, and similar speed, I registered 319 Wh per mile vs average 334 on my previous tires.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors and enemji
Any comparison of the iONs 19'' to PS A/S 4 or Conti DSW06+?
Grip and steering response are good but not as good as my PSAS4. Rolling resistance, comfort, and NVH however are greatly improved over the PSAS4. I'd say the rolling resistance, comfort, and NVH is comparable to the OEM MXM4 but grip is significantly improved. No regrets on sacrificing a little grip for all of the comfort amenities. 3300 miles on the tires so far.

Last edited: