Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you in the US. How long did it take you to receive your kit. I ordered mine a month ago and have not received anything other than a confirmation email that they received my order and have my money when I ordered. I ordered the original professional kit. I did email them few days ago but have not heard back from them.

May I know your order number please ?

How do you like the diy version? Did you see an improvement in sound. Any issues?

Installed the DIY version this weekend. Fairly easy to install. All speakers working, definitely can hear the additional speakers in de front, more high present. Still looking at the best settings, seems a bit heavy on the high at the moment.
Better cross-over filter (than the caps only in the box) might also improve sound. Curious if anyone is looking at building a better cross-over?

I wonder if there's a schematic available for how they wired everything up? Once I get my kit and car, I'll have to go through and see what goes where. I'm just really curious as to why fading to the front would give better bass vs the center location.

I wonder if there's a schematic available for how they wired everything up? Once I get my kit and car, I'll have to go through and see what goes where. I'm just really curious as to why fading to the front would give better bass vs the center location.

Hansshow reached out to me last night with some suggested settings on the amp, plus the audio settings on the car itself. I am going to test tonight and post an update of the results. The unfortunate thing with this amp design is that I have to not only pull the clip and carpet in the trunk to access the sub, but the dials for the gain, LPF, and bass boost are on the bottom and you have to undo the nuts to access again.

Hansshow reached out to me last night with some suggested settings on the amp, plus the audio settings on the car itself. I am going to test tonight and post an update of the results. The unfortunate thing with this amp design is that I have to not only pull the clip and carpet in the trunk to access the sub, but the dials for the gain, LPF, and bass boost are on the bottom and you have to undo the nuts to access again.
Is there a reason why they wouldn't? Trying to understand the limitations of the system.

I'm wondering the same thing, like where they are pulling their signal from. If you look at the github notes:

Speaker input adjustment chart:
CH1-Front Left door Tweeter and Front Left Surround Speaker
CH2-Front Right door Tweeter and Front Right Surround Speaker
CH3-Front left door speaker
CH4-Front right door speaker
CH1, CH2 input signals are more powerfulthan CH3,CH4,
good for providing the rear audio signal
CH1-Rear left door speaker
CH2-Rear right door speaker

So my guess is that the subwoofer signal is coming off the wrong set, especially since you had to reverse the inputs in the DSP. I'm pllaning on probing the harness when I get it and maybe I can just reverse the wires physically and make sure the sub inputs are coming off those CH1/CH2 inputs.

• Informative
Reactions: badiban
I changed the suggested settings on the amp and in the audio settings and it didn't make a difference. The low bass can sound good, but any higher toned bass sounds really bad at the moment. I am going to sit back and leave things for a bit and see what others experience.

See attachments for reference

Attachments

• Audio settings 1.jpg
    Audio settings 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Audio settings 2.jpg
    Audio settings 2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Helpful
Reactions: MexiCanuck
Given the difficult instructions/explanations and the daunting amount of friction to installing and setting this up, along with the price tags, the improvement in sound quality had better be pretty astounding. I do get that they are pioneering this, and are not native English speakers, but...wow.

Given the difficult instructions/explanations and the daunting amount of friction to installing and setting this up, along with the price tags, the improvement in sound quality had better be pretty astounding. I do get that they are pioneering this, and are not native English speakers, but...wow.

Yeah, I haven't even gotten my kit, and after seeing the issues and doing a ton of research... I'm tempted to return it right away and just DIY my own solution with a 4ch DSP amp, and a powered higher end sub.

I see from the Hansshow site that they have reduced the number of options. There is now DIY, A, B, and E.

This makes sense to me. Reduce the number of variations to reduce the risk of problems between options.

After reading people’s experiences with “DIY”ing the non-DIY version, I’m glad that I had always planned to pay someone to install this. I used to value my money more than my sanity. Now I value my sanity more than my money. :)

alright so for anyone without the rear shelf speakers thinking of installing the hansshow provided ones, the cable for those speakers is too short and will not reach the dsp, or you will have to put the dsp under the passenger seat in a way that passenger might be able to kick it and damage it, i was lucky to have a whole shelf from a 2019 with the speakers that ibought of ebay and used those instead and replaced the whole shelf, also another problem with the hansshow speakers is that at least on my 08/2020 model 3 sr+ the grill for the rear speakers was just show and right under the grill was like built in foam not a hole, so even is some how i made the cables long enough to work the speakers themsleves would not be able to be placed there, will update a picture of the under side of the 2020 shelf to show the foam. still putting all the trim back im place and playing with the channel crossings. so beware of thinking youcan install those version E speakers, the shelf on your car might require some cutting and modiffying that i did not want to attempt because it looked like it would not work anyway

alright so for anyone without the rear shelf speakers thinking of installing the hansshow provided ones, the cable for those speakers is too short and will not reach the dsp, or you will have to put the dsp under the passenger seat in a way that passenger might be able to kick it and damage it, i was lucky to have a whole shelf from a 2019 with the speakers that ibought of ebay and used those instead and replaced the whole shelf, also another problem with the hansshow speakers is that at least on my 08/2020 model 3 sr+ the grill for the rear speakers was just show and right under the grill was like built in foam not a hole, so even is some how i made the cables long enough to work the speakers themsleves would not be able to be placed there, will update a picture of the under side of the 2020 shelf to show the foam. still putting all the trim back im place and playing with the channel crossings. so beware of thinking youcan install those version E speakers, the shelf on your car might require some cutting and modiffying that i did not want to attempt because it looked like it would not work anyway

Or you could hit up Olas for rear shelf modification instruction.
It was a while back here:

Or you could hit up Olas for rear shelf modification instruction.
It was a while back here:

that exactly what i did replace the whole shelf with one from a 2019, but you know how hansshow sends the little black speaker, the original shelf on newer models dont have room to put those in, like the dont have a hole for them. as you can see on the pictures, the would be holes are blocked by foam and a carpeted area. those are pictures from my now not used original shelf.

it is loud, for being just the original speakers is very loud, not so heavy on the bass and i definitelly had to tone down the mids and treble, rear passengers will appreciate the bass more than the people in the front.

only complaint if any is that now i can hear the turning signal a lot louder

Attachments

• PXL_20201118_015710691.jpg
    PXL_20201118_015710691.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20201118_015706402.jpg
    PXL_20201118_015706402.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
that exactly what i did replace the whole shelf with one from a 2019, but you know how hansshow sends the little black speaker, the original shelf on newer models dont have room to put those in, like the dont have a hole for them. as you can see on the pictures, the would be holes are blocked by foam and a carpeted area. those are pictures from my now not used original shelf

True. Sorry i linked the wrong video. On page 11, post 209 he shows how he cut the holes in the shelf and foam for the factory speakers. But that hole should fit the new Hansshow speakers.