Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone lifted their model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering out loud (so don't hate too much) - anyone lift their model 3? Just wondering what the ramifications are for the car - whether it's ride or efficiency. Never done it to any car. But mostly it's to help with passengers getting in/out of the car which is the main complaint i hear.

Saw this: MPP 1.75" Model 3/Y Suspension Lift Kit | Mountain Pass Performance

Also, not sure if that 1.75" is enough to make it easier for people.

This post might or might not have been in jest, but this is the best answer for the OP, ESPECIALLY given used car values right now. OP should consider trading the model 3 in for a model Y.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Just wondering out loud (so don't hate too much) - anyone lift their model 3? Just wondering what the ramifications are for the car - whether it's ride or efficiency. Never done it to any car. But mostly it's to help with passengers getting in/out of the car which is the main complaint i hear.

MPP has gotten good, and often rave reviews. They post in these parts. But as our moderator said, there may be an opportunity to take advantage of the current market by selling used, and buying a Y.

This lift kit is to raise a car on lowered aftermarket suspension. Model Y is much better suited for that purpose.
What makes you say that?

I need to lift my Model 3 at least a couple of inches in order to get more clearance for some dirt roads around where I live. If I added this 1.75" lift kit, could I then add some taller off-road tires and gain more clearance? If so, what would the max tire dimensions be and how much clearance do you guys think I could gain?

Reactions: Benzz
If I added this 1.75" lift kit, could I then add some taller off-road tires and gain more clearance? If so, what would the max tire dimensions be and how much clearance do you guys think I could gain?

No. Look at the tire in your wheel well, especially with the steering cranked all the way to one side.
The issue is not just the clearance to the top of the wheel well, it's the whole half circle. A larger tire will hit the fender in the front and back quickly.
Also, if you look inside the wheel well you'll see the control arm looks something like this:

1646812378899.png

There is no room for a taller tire, even if the car is raised. That upright that curves above the tire does not change on a raised car, it's part of the hub.

You would need to do tons of custom work to a Model 3 to support larger diameter tires (not even counting the electronics which will get angry as well).

Anything's possible....
At 1:30 they talk about having to space the tires out to clear the knuckle, and put on crazy wheels/tires.
Then when they drive the car (24:30 and image above), it magically does not have the same spacers. Or tires. Or wheels.

Looks like even they decided larger diameters were not possible, which the obviously are not as the large tire will crash into the rear fender immediately when you turn the wheel.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood

You can most definitely lift the 3, but it may make more sense to start with a Y.

I lifted my Model 3 to 24.5 cm of ground clearance by now. I have the Spaccer kit and the MPP kit installed on the car, resulting in a combined lift of 6.25 cm. Last weekend I installed the largest possible tires (225/70R17 in the front to clear the damn knuckle and 235/70R17 in the back) on the smallest possible rims (17 inch), adding another 4.25 cm. Looks and drives awesome. I guess that's the highest lift on a Model 3 worldwide!?
Pics?

I lifted my Model 3 to 24.5 cm of ground clearance by now. I have the Spaccer kit and the MPP kit installed on the car, resulting in a combined lift of 6.25 cm. Last weekend I installed the largest possible tires (225/70R17 in the front to clear the damn knuckle and 235/70R17 in the back) on the smallest possible rims (17 inch), adding another 4.25 cm. Looks and drives awesome. I guess that's the highest lift on a Model 3 worldwide!?

This guy probably wins, but I am sure it is less practical than your car. It is a customer from Dubai!

119647468_1109787342752873_4605095973596037699_n.jpg