Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried calling the EPA testing facility in Ann Arbor today to try to get some info and got transferred to the public information person. Their voice mailbox was full. The person who answered the phone said they had gone home for the day and it wasn't even 4:00 their time. Not exactly encouraging.

This is why we need a lot less state and government workers than more. That is so ridiculous.

Doesn't appear we'll be getting our S 100D tomorrow. Our DS has indicated they have the car clean and will be keeping it inside, so we'll be ready to pick it up as soon as the hold is released. We still seem to be in "any day" mode.

If the hold is released in Texas on Monday, then we'll try to pick up our car. If the hold is going to drag into late March or April, Tesla really needs to be more forthcoming on what's happening.

Unless Tesla is concerned there is a problem that is causing this delay, it's unclear why Tesla isn't providing an official explanation to the affected customers.

Next year Tesla may have more competition for long range EVs - and if those vehicles were available for purchase today, it might be tempting to look at non-Tesla alternatives if this hold last much longer, especially without any official explanation from Tesla.

At least we're not in the same position as another 100D customer - who has already paid for their 100D, and is now renting another car until they can pick up the 100D.

Unless Tesla is concerned there is a problem that is causing this delay, it's unclear why Tesla isn't providing an official explanation to the affected customers.

It's because they don't have an explanation to provide. There's no news because there's no news. Something is sitting on a bureaucrat's desk, and there's not a thing you or Tesla can do. I've had to deal with this more than a few times. No one has an objection, but no one will sign off on anything.

It's like watching a bunch of folks waiting for someone else to cut the cake before they'll take a piece. It's enough to drive you crazy.

Hang in there, folks. It will happen, but there's no news because there's no news.

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo and anonim1979
It's because they don't have an explanation to provide. There's no news because there's no news. Something is sitting on a bureaucrat's desk, and there's not a thing you or Tesla can do. I've had to deal with this more than a few times. No one has an objection, but no one will sign off on anything.

It's like watching a bunch of folks waiting for someone else to cut the cake before they'll take a piece. It's enough to drive you crazy.

Hang in there, folks. It will happen, but there's no news because there's no news.

I haven't had to work too much with the federal bureaucracy for business, but I know that irritating the local government workers can put a serious hurt on your schedule. Tesla may be wise to keep their trap shut. Fortunately I'm buying used from a 3rd party so I am certain there will be nothing keeping me from becoming a Tesla family member next Wednesday! (Sorry, a little excited here.)

Bart rules! The government is in the way....the best course of action is to challenge them and push them. I pay their salary....they are public servants....who's only job is to serve the American people. Bart Simpson is a true American, like it or not.
Yeah. Harassing a civil servant whose annual salary is very likely less than the cost of the vehicle ... totally going to work. And then demanding they do what you want because YOU pay their salary is definitely going to cement the deal.

Let us know how your plan works out for you. :)