Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

Have you lost faith in Tesla?

• No

Votes: 295 59.5%
  • Nearly

Votes: 94 19.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 107 21.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This section of the forum (not just this thread) really makes for depressing reading at the moment, it's not like an owners forum at all, it's more like a bunch of pissed off people getting together to share their collective misery.

Whilst I get (and share) some of the frustrations, I'd hate to be as miserable as some of you guys. The same old rubbish gets posted every day, the same tired arguments too, it's not like you can avoid just one thread either.

It's a bit like people who hate their job, but do nothing about it except moan about how much they hate it. I'm still sticking around for now, as there is still some great knowledge to be shared, but if things don't pick up, this place will just end up being an echo chamber for miserable people, balance is fine and welcome (to avoid the Elon fan club taking over) but there's not a lot of joy in this place right now.

This section of the forum (not just this thread) really makes for depressing reading at the moment, it's not like an owners forum at all, it's more like a bunch of pissed off people getting together to share their collective misery.

Whilst I get (and share) some of the frustrations, I'd hate to be as miserable as some of you guys. The same old rubbish gets posted every day, the same tired arguments too, it's not like you can avoid just one thread either.

It's a bit like people who hate their job, but do nothing about it except moan about how much they hate it. I'm still sticking around for now, as there is still some great knowledge to be shared, but if things don't pick up, this place will just end up being an echo chamber for miserable people, balance is fine and welcome (to avoid the Elon fan club taking over) but there's not a lot of joy in this place right now.
so if we an owners but dislike where it is going or something - we should not express it?
so we cannot criticize? You sure?

I think this exactly present what Tesla is doing now.

it was all nice and rosy. Now it became gloomy because of stupid decision tesla took

Reactions: CWT3LR
Do you understand the business of Munro Associates? They analyse vehicles in extraordinary detail to determine quality and methodology of construction. They obtain new vehicles which are totally dismantled to discover every part. They subsequently provide advice to manufacturers on how they can then improve quality and safety and reduce manufacturing costs. They produce lengthy detailed reports that are available for anyone to buy so that they can take advantage of the insights and further their own businesses. To characterise informed opinions expressed by Munro as some kind of dubious YouTube spin is quite frankly ludicrous.
I’m ever so delighted for Munro. But I wasn’t commenting on any of that. My only point is that there was no hard evidence in their vide
Do you understand the business of Munro Associates? They analyse vehicles in extraordinary detail to determine quality and methodology of construction. They obtain new vehicles which are totally dismantled to discover every part. They subsequently provide advice to manufacturers on how they can then improve quality and safety and reduce manufacturing costs. They produce lengthy detailed reports that are available for anyone to buy so that they can take advantage of the insights and further their own businesses. To characterise informed opinions expressed by Munro as some kind of dubious YouTube spin is quite frankly ludicrous.
The point I was making is that there is no hard evidence in this video that Audi removed heat pumps for any other reason than semi conductor shortages. None. Zilch. Nada. The bloke says he has “a coupla theories” and even makes it clear that it’s only his opinion. You might argue that it’s an informed opinion, but it is still nothing more than his opinion. He might be right, he could very well be wrong, but given that it’s little more than speculation the video has no real value.

I love the way the Munro Appreciation Society leap to their defence 🤣

I haven’t looked into this for years, but I do recall old Sandy Munro was a big Tesla skeptic in the early days. Then he was transformed and became a HUGE advocate…I thought that was rather remarkable for one who is supposed to be neutral, calm and dispassionate about one’s profession. Who knows or cares really.
His whole business relies on him being impartial and brutally honest but EVERYONE has a price 😆

Maybe Tesla‘s really did suddenly become awesomer 💀

so if we an owners but dislike where it is going or something - we should not express it?
so we cannot criticize? You sure?

I think this exactly present what Tesla is doing now.

it was all nice and rosy. Now it became gloomy because of stupid decision tesla took
Vote with your feet, sell or reject your car if it's that bad, you (and others) don't have to post the same tired stuff over and over.

Also actually read what I put, TLDR version for you: balance is good, posting the same tired crap again and again, not so much.

Parking sensors and the rubbish way Tesla has handled it seems to be the end of the world for some of you, seems a bit OTT? I much rather they had them too, but not going to keep crapping on about it, they've said it'll come in software, I'm taking them at their word, for now at least.

Same with the price drop, it's done, really didn't like that either considering I bought the car with cash, emailed Tesla, got the result I expected (f-all) and I've moved on, will it help to keep whinging about it to people on here, doubt it, it'll just compound your misery. This kind of thing happens elsewhere too, it's just not as obvious when you don't get as good of a deal as someone else, I thought I did well with the last BMW I got, until I saw some of the deals others got. On the plus side, the 6k miles I got extended the expiry of the 17k miles I still had left, so I'm not as out of pocket as some.

Think I might start using the ignore function, might make this place more bearable.

Reactions: Doudeau

It's a forum, we're here to debate and disagree with each other. What were you expecting?

If anyone sounds miserable it's you for moaning about people arguing on a forum.

Think I might start using the ignore function, might make this place more bearable.

I would suggest you take up your own advice on using the ignore function and....

Vote with your feet

I’m ever so delighted for Munro. But I wasn’t commenting on any of that. My only point is that there was no hard evidence in their vide

The point I was making is that there is no hard evidence in this video that Audi removed heat pumps for any other reason than semi conductor shortages. None. Zilch. Nada. The bloke says he has “a coupla theories” and even makes it clear that it’s only his opinion. You might argue that it’s an informed opinion, but it is still nothing more than his opinion. He might be right, he could very well be wrong, but given that it’s little more than speculation the video has no real value.

My response was only relating to the general point about Munro and the validity of their opinions. Clearly an opinion is just an opinion. However, it is reasonable to weigh up whose opinion carries the most weight on any particular topic ... as you say "an informed opinion" ... and on any topic related to car manufacture it's likely to be one of the most informed opinions we are likely to hear. Why this sarcastic "Munro Appreciation Society" nonsense? Why wouldn't anyone give weight to opinions coming from a long established engineering analysis company? I'm going to take that approach over taking a bunch of opinions on a forum at face value.

Last edited:

I been a member of this forum for almost three years and I tend to agree with you.

In fairness, most forums have a tendency to be the place to throw your problems at because someone else will probably have the answer. Let’s face it, few people ever post their satisfaction on forums when they have no issues.

Like you, I accept that the path or paths that Tesla is taking now, is rubbing owners up the wrong way and many posts on the forum reflect this.

Many of the recent major gripes have been posted to death many times over. The short answer is that no one knows for sure what the outcomes will be. Before long, we will all know and at that point there will either be happiness or a riot.

It used to be, but right now, the forum is not a happy place.

I think a lot of how people feel about Tesla is about personal perspective.

I bought my M3LR as an electric car suited our current lifestyle/location. We do lots of short trips, the public charging network is not fit for purpose and Telsa's is.

I bought the car when prices hadn't been just put up, or cut. Interest rate was good. I wasn't trading in (a now) worthless second hand model. If I was to buy my car again now, with the same deposit - I'd be about £80 a month worse off. My only slight financial moan is with the latest price cuts my car is now worth about £4k less than than the settlement figure. I've only had it a year though so no worse than probably any other new car. I could have sold it at a profit 6 months ago :confused:

Some of the tech is good. Some is poor. I think if you expected any sort of self driving you're deluded. That's not going to happen any time soon. The only way full self drive will work/be safe is if EVERY car on the road is connected to the same system.

So, in short, I like my car and as I'm planning to own it for at least another year, hopefully second hand values will stabilize and I can change it if I like without too much financial outlay.

However if I'd bought an M3 at the height of the price rise, added full self drive and expected it to work I'd probably be a bit pissed off :rolleyes:

What's the point of moaning about it though, Tesla are a business, they're here to make money (prices up when demand is up) and I don't understand anyone who thinks full self driving is even possible never mind sorted for the next software update.

Reactions: Doudeau and Dilly

Whereas previously, it was an echo chamber for fanboys. And suckered a lot of people - me included - into pressing the button on a Tesla. Nowadays it feels like a much more balanced and healthily sceptical place to be.

Reactions: Ratch

But, but - Tesla took away USS because they couldn't get supplies of a $4 part?? No, hang on, they had a long term strategy to align with Tesla Vision?? Err, wait - they wanted to save a few bucks and don't give a toss about customer satisfaction??

But hey - Audi bad guys, Tesla Enthusiast Group says so.

Reactions: Ratch
Say anything remotely positive about your Tesla and we get the general purpose put-down "fanboy". Whenever I see that expression being used in any context it immediately says more to me about the person using it than the person on the receiving end. It doesn't promote a healthy discussion of different points of view. It just closes down discussion and it becomes a battle instead of a conversation.

Say anything remotely positive about your Tesla and we get the general purpose put-down "fanboy". Whenever I see that expression being used in any context it immediately says more to me about the person using it than the person on the receiving end. It doesn't promote a healthy discussion of different points of view. It just closes down discussion and it becomes a battle instead of a conversation.
Here goes... My 3year old Model 3 just works. Always has. Both our phones connect to it flawlessly. The wipers don’t suffer from many of the issues that others have. The headlights aren’t great but I’ve had worse. It‘s use of battery power on short journeys in winter is horrendous but I don’t care. It’s still cheap and easy to top up.
Overall, It has improved over time. I still can’t get my head round why the indicators do what they do now, or for that matter, why pre-warming thé car from the app defrosts the car while it’s in the garage. But heyho, it takes just a few minutes and it’s toastie when I get in. My neighbour’s Bentley Bentayga can’t do that!

I enjoy owing it.

I’ve said it many times, could it be better? Absolutely. There are small software changes that would make a big difference to existing features.
I can’t help but be a little hesitant in changing it for a car that will still be same car three years on But the jury is still out on whether I would buy another. Time will tell!

It's a forum, we're here to debate and disagree with each other. What were you expecting?

If anyone sounds miserable it's you for moaning about people arguing on a forum.

Not miserable at all, just bored to death of reading the same drivel over and over again. Perfectly happy with my car as it goes, had a Tesla since 2019 and knew what to expect. Reading this place is genuinely misery inducing at times.

I used to run a big forum (sold several years ago after running for 20 years!) and I can tell you for a fact that it doesn't have to be as downright miserable as this place, it's about people sharing something they have in common and helping each other. Sadly in here, the thing in common now seems to be posting the same negative messages all day across multiple threads.

I been a member of this forum for almost three years and I tend to agree with you.

In fairness, most forums have a tendency to be the place to throw your problems at because someone else will probably have the answer. Let’s face it, few people ever post their satisfaction on forums when they have no issues.

Like you, I accept that the path or paths that Tesla is taking now, is rubbing owners up the wrong way and many posts on the forum reflect this.

Many of the recent major gripes have been posted to death many times over. The short answer is that no one knows for sure what the outcomes will be. Before long, we will all know and at that point there will either be happiness or a riot.

It used to be, but right now, the forum is not a happy place.

I remember your name from the earlier days of Model 3 ownership, got my original car back in August 2019.

You 100% do see people coming for help on an owners forum, or maybe sharing a grievance, but what's the point in flogging the horse when it's long dead.

Whereas previously, it was an echo chamber for fanboys. And suckered a lot of people - me included - into pressing the button on a Tesla. Nowadays it feels like a much more balanced and healthily sceptical place to be.

Not exclusively, there will of course be Tesla / Elon "fanboys" in any owners forum, but people were genuinely excited and expressed joy in their cars, they still posted about issues, but they were looking for help, not just to crap on about the same stuff over and over.

The issues with those cars were also well documented in here, but as stated, posted to get help, not just to moan.

Say anything remotely negative about your Tesla and we get the general purpose put-down "hater".

Not to a level headed person, posting about an issue is one thing, whinging on about something you can't change indefinitely is completely different.

Get over yourself. Everyone is free to express their opinion as and how they want, we’re all adults. Plus some of us are happy being miserable!

Non jokes aside, if Tesla stopped doing infuriating *sugar* then guess what…

Vote with your feet, sell or reject your car if it's that bad, you (and others) don't have to post the same tired stuff over and over.
well, I cannot vote with my feet / sell because
I am stuck with it for next 5 years or so (financing). probably duration is about right as 2nd hand car value plummeted due to their actions (at some extent). I want car to be good, at the value I paid. But suddenly I get radar disabled, AP speed reduced, etc.

Also actually read what I put, TLDR version for you: balance is good, posting the same tired crap again and again, not so much.
I am sorry that the forum posting police (not the moderator) has to express your feeling here, but in general - no one asks you to contribute here. If you will leave - well, good riddance I suppose. close doors behind yourself, I guess?

Parking sensors and the rubbish way Tesla has handled it seems to be the end of the world for some of you, seems a bit OTT? I much rather they had them too, but not going to keep crapping on about it, they've said it'll come in software, I'm taking them at their word, for now at least.
It's up to you, of course. I do not know, maybe your standards are at this level that 50k+ car without parking sensors or something that really works as an alternative, is OK with you. you might have high hopes on it, but since car rear view camera is more or less unusable in the period of almost half a year after longer drive does not provide us with loads of hope that it ever gonna be solved. at the same time, having the result of suddenly disabled radar I have a reasonable fear and expectation that such action can be repeated again with disabling uss.
remember - I paid for a car as a whole and the functionality it provides. when this functionality is degraded by Tesla without asking me if that's OK - I am not happy. no one should be.

Same with the price drop, it's done, really didn't like that either considering I bought the car with cash, emailed Tesla, got the result I expected (f-all) and I've moved on, will it help to keep whinging about it to people on here, doubt it, it'll just compound your misery. This kind of thing happens elsewhere too, it's just not as obvious when you don't get as good of a deal as someone else, I thought I did well with the last BMW I got, until I saw some of the deals others got. On the plus side, the 6k miles I got extended the expiry of the 17k miles I still had left, so I'm not as out of pocket as some.

you can always unwatch the Thread. simples.