Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received your parcel shelf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife's, "HoneyBug", Model S didn't come with the parcel shelf either. We got delivery of her car in Dec. Just
got the HPWC yesterday! We found out that you can get the little "net" for the frunk. It hooks on the four pegs
just in front of the small part of the frunk just ahead of the drivers feet. Our local service center told us they
had ordered a bunch of them. A couple weeks later they told us they were in. The said they were included
only on Signature models but they were becoming more available now. It was $20. Maybe the least expensive
option on the whole car!

I think I'll probably just make one out of teak or zebrawood (veneer). How hard could it be?
I'd be inclined to make a parcel shelf from sound-absorbing material, not resonant wood, at least underneath. The parcel shelf should be able to act as a sound damper for the rear tires and PEM/motor. OTOH, the parcel shelf keeps the sound from the rear sound-bar from getting buried in the rear hatch, so you might want the top to be somewhat acoustically live -- though wood might prove too bright.

My parcel shelf arrived in a big, flat box yesterday. It was shipped to me. You may see boxes headed your way soon. The design is fairly simple. Not sure what took 4+ months to get it out. MY thanks go out to Tesla for going the extra mile and mailing it to me without me even asking.

To all who have gotten the parcel shelf;

Do you notice any difference in noise level inside the car with the shelf on ? And if so, how substantial is it ?

I want't planning on ordering one because I do not need to hide anything, but if the shelf noticeably cuts down tire noise from the rear I might reconsider.

No metal in parcel shelf for magnet hold down

With a VIN in the early 600's, the parcel shelf finally arrived. As others mentioned, no pre-notification, not even a door bell ring from FedEx. If you are expecting the shelf, I hope yours will arrive this week.

The top of the shelf provides an excellent place for the footwell cover when it needs to be removed. The sound checks requested will be done with the footwell cover in the original place and on the parcel shelf.

The footwell cover may be needed to keep the parcel shelf from making more noise. There are NO metal inserts in my shelf that makes the "floppy" part of the shelf to stick to the mounting "track." Place a metal object (like a screwdriver) on the track and you will notice how powerful the magnets are. I will call Tesla Motors about this because it will bounce and make noise during a drive.

During installation you can push the cover too far forward. There is an indent that is felt when it is right. The spacing between the parcel shelf and rear seats will be a similar space near the back hatch, visible when the hatch is closed. It will also align with the mounting track so the flat part will be covered.