Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you reserved your Model S or do you plan on it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's good & bad Doug...good that you received your number so quickly and that 4 other Roadster owners have signed up since I did in Sept...bad...I wonder why R8 & 9 haven't shown up on the TMC site yet?

Well, I got the number after I gave them a little email nudge.

I'm not at all surprised that we haven't heard from them. What percentage of owners do you think actually participate in online discussions?

Well, less than I thought I guess. :wink:

About 3,800 members, around 600 active members...this is such a valuable resource for owners / reservation holders / enthusiasts, I just wonder why some don't introduce themselves...even if they don't participate regularly in discussions.

My Roadster is about 3 weeks away from delivery...I've learned far, far more about the vehicle & TM from the folks on this site than the sum of all other sources combined.

Well, I got the number after I gave them a little email nudge.

I'm not at all surprised that we haven't heard from them. What percentage of owners do you think actually participate in online discussions?

I see, same idea (can let your Roadster go back to TM when your Model S is ready), just different duration.

So, you going to take the plunge ahimberg?

I'd like to, but the cost of just the Model S is pricey enough for me, I'll have to wait. I'd be tempted to reserve the signature series if they had final pricing announced, but until that happens i'll have to go the standard route.

Are Tesla still honouring the deal that a Roadster owner could get R series reservations for Model S for up to five "Friends and Family"? Could be useful to ahimberg.

My recollection is that the R deal expired within a month or so of them taking reservations. I think the only option at this point to "jump the line" is to reserve a Sig Series, because those 1000 are to be built in advance of the R's and P's. I've been considering switching to a Sig, even though I have a nice low number (P96) because I just can't stomach the thought of waiting even an extra few months in 2012 to get my Model S!

My recollection is that the R deal expired within a month or so of them taking reservations. I think the only option at this point to "jump the line" is to reserve a Sig Series, because those 1000 are to be built in advance of the R's and P's. I've been considering switching to a Sig, even though I have a nice low number (P96) because I just can't stomach the thought of waiting even an extra few months in 2012 to get my Model S!
Don't forget that roadster owners get to the front of the line too!

Hey, my display just updated too. It's gone from showing nothing about the reservation number, to showing "Model S #10".

Of course that's really Canadian R 10... but if they want to send me the 10th car they build that's fine by me. :tongue: