Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Charging Stations/Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to see some Westside superchargers. Some good locations:

Koolina resort
Kapolei Commons shopping center
The new Kamakana mall in Ewa
Pearlridge shopping center
Airport
Haleiwa town
Sunset beach area, possibly turtle bay
Dole Plantation?

FYI:
Four Seasons Koolina has a Tesla destination Charger
Dole Plantation and Kapolei Commons already have the HECO fast chargers there.

I think the easiest way to get their attention for a location is to provide them with a contact person for that location. Saves them a step with their research.

Reactions: Akikiki
FYI:
Four Seasons Koolina has a Tesla destination Charger
Dole Plantation and Kapolei Commons already have the HECO fast chargers there.

I think the easiest way to get their attention for a location is to provide them with a contact person for that location. Saves them a step with their research.

Let's be honest, nobody on Oahu with a Tesla "needs a fast charger" Anywhere on the island is accessible roundtrip and then some with our cars. The appeal is a fast, free charge on longer trips. And the HE fast chargers are not as fast, nor are they free. In addition they require. A 500.00 adapter. So obviosly in town would make sense. But on key round the island locations was what I was thinking to help ease the somewhat non existent range anxiety. And relive the somewhat large electricity cost we pay home charging on Oahu.

There's a number of our original Tesla owners that can not charge at home. Those that live in the high rises for instance can't charge at home because the building infrastructure does not support 220V in the parking lots. When they are out in the wild such as Ward Center, they are head on competing with non-Tesla EVs that are trying to get a full charge too. Even a 50 amp Destination Charger will take some of our folks 3+ hours to receive a full charge. (Some only charge once a week.) It would be great if any Hawaii Destination Chargers were 100/80 amp 220V but that would mean the cars would need dual or high amp chargers. And in some cases its too late to add the second charger to the car. Soooo, Superchargers are their solution. Some of us that can charge at home are advocates for those that can't charge at home, because they are part of the Tesla family.

Reactions: cry808
There's a number of our original Tesla owners that can not charge at home. Those that live in the high rises for instance can't charge at home because the building infrastructure does not support 220V in the parking lots. When they are out in the wild such as Ward Center, they are head on competing with non-Tesla EVs that are trying to get a full charge too. Even a 50 amp Destination Charger will take some of our folks 3+ hours to receive a full charge. (Some only charge once a week.) It would be great if any Hawaii Destination Chargers were 100/80 amp 220V but that would mean the cars would need dual or high amp chargers. And in some cases its too late to add the second charger to the car. Soooo, Superchargers are their solution. Some of us that can charge at home are advocates for those that can't charge at home, because they are part of the Tesla family.
Well I finally broke down an bought a CHAdeMo adapter.:cool: I haven't used it yet. I am saving it for those times when I HAVE to get a charge and am blocked:mad: (and have an extra $6.50 for the charging session).:( as a side note. I pulled into an open charger today and a leaf was parked on the cord (not charging):eek: I figured it was about time I purchased the jack I had been planning to buy for a while now.;) ... and Jacked the leaf off the cord so I could plug in.:oops:

Locals may not go to the International Market Place often, but nice to know there are many HPWC’s there.

Fourth floor of parking garage.

Photos.

Attachments

• 64B4B3C2-BBAF-4FD2-862A-9AF021FECAE9.jpeg
    64B4B3C2-BBAF-4FD2-862A-9AF021FECAE9.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DDECD343-4248-48FA-BEEE-E8938C23A3B8.jpeg
    DDECD343-4248-48FA-BEEE-E8938C23A3B8.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 3D9A83CD-A1FF-405D-B694-326E7C89A7D4.jpeg
    3D9A83CD-A1FF-405D-B694-326E7C89A7D4.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 98