Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sending you a PM with the names of the people I'm communicating with.

This is what I love about this forum. All of you were a source of indispensable income when I bought my Model S back in 2013, and the forum continues to be just as valuable now with the current Model 3 purchase.

Thanks so much stoebs for the contact info, I emailed your contacts and got an immediate response. My car is on the same boat as yours and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Not sure whether we will pick it up on Friday or Saturday, but if I don't see you at the service center I will buy you a drink if we happen to meet at one of the Tesla events. Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: nanimac and stoebs
This is what I love about this forum. All of you were a source of indispensable income when I bought my Model S back in 2013, and the forum continues to be just as valuable now with the current Model 3 purchase.

Thanks so much stoebs for the contact info, I emailed your contacts and got an immediate response. My car is on the same boat as yours and is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Not sure whether we will pick it up on Friday or Saturday, but if I don't see you at the service center I will buy you a drink if we happen to meet at one of the Tesla events. Thanks again!
That's awesome Rod! I'm happy that I was able to help. I hope to see you soon!

Got it today! What a beautiful car!!

Attachments

• 20180504_152708.jpg
    20180504_152708.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: StephenM and fseir
Any safety features kick in? Automatic emergency braking?

Any idea what that black metal box is under the fender?

No safety features kicked in and they were on at the time. The other car made a left turn so came from the side and not the front. I’m thinking the car didn’t sense it. Airbag did not deploy either but the other car’s did.

The black metal box is the tow truck’s fork. Car was undriveable as the front suspension is toast

I'm not the type person to sit idly by and hope things work out. If my Tesla was going to need repairs, I would contact the body shop and get a copy or list of the repair parts they need. Then I would execute the action Jon McNeill setup before he left the company.. Here's a copy/paste of the very posting Jon made on TMC. Notice that there is an address and number for Body Shop Assistance? One thing we often see on TM and TMC are reports that the body shop tells the owner they are waiting on parts, and when Tesla is contacted by the owner, they get proof the parts were already delivered. Not always, but happens. I don't want to be the one that failed to follow through for my own car.

Mr. McNeill is no longer with Tesla, but that does not mean the processes that he put in place are gone also.
JonMc - Jon McNeill
President of Sales and Service

Hi everyone – to make contacting the right person at Tesla easier,
we’ve streamlined our contacts for you:

For any customer issue, you can call us (877-798-3752), tweet us (@teslaservice) or email us ([email protected])
For Body shop or collision repair issues, you can get aTesla Body Shop Customer Advocate to assist you by
emailing us

([email protected]) orcalling 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4). To escalate any issue, you can log into your Tesla account, click Support and then Executive Escalation.

Thanks,
Jon

Last edited: