Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help finding a non destructive alternative to a wire tap to power accessories only when car is in use, but not when parked (even with Sentry active)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0846.png

Something like the splitter used by Enhance Auto to connect their S3XY Commander but to usb (ideally c, male or female) would be a much more elegant and comfortable solution to work with than what I see some people doing to power things like radar detectors. Their main advantage is being able to pick the right wire to only get power when the car is actually being operated. I have a MagSafe phone mount on my dash in front of the driver seat. I was about to run the usb cable through the dash, under the charging pads, into the centre compartment, to plug it into one of the two ports in there, but then I realized something like the product in this picture, but to usb instead of obd, would be almost no extra work to set up, but it would save me permanently using one of those ports and only to then constantly be sending power to the charger even when the car is parked in camp mode or sentry mode.

Has anyone seen anything like this anywhere, or have any alternative recommendations which have worked out for you?

Upvote 0