Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, I’m a short seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh don't worry, he'll be back. He's still very active on Twitter - check out his handle (ContrarianShort). He very recently posted this gem:

"No way $TSLA is making 3,000 M3s/wk, I bet it’s less than 2,000".

I agree that Tesla is very unlikely making 3,000 model 3s per week. It's almost certainly significantly higher at this point.

My bet is he doesn't want to spend too much time here because reality hurts. He would prefer to live in his wonderful Twitter world kissing the butt of his beloved Spiegel master.

Wasn’t his theory that the more they make they more they lose since they lose money on every car ?

Oh don't worry, he'll be back. He's still very active on Twitter - check out his handle (ContrarianShort). He very recently posted this gem:

"No way $TSLA is making 3,000 M3s/wk, I bet it’s less than 2,000".

I agree that Tesla is very unlikely making 3,000 model 3s per week. It's almost certainly significantly higher at this point.

My bet is he doesn't want to spend too much time here because reality hurts. He would prefer to live in his wonderful Twitter world kissing the butt of his beloved Spiegel master.
Wasn’t his theory that the more they make they more they lose since they lose money on every car ?

The guy went from Tesla losses money on every car sold, so the more cars Tesla sells the faster they go out of business. Now he’s switching his theory to Tesla will go out of business because they won’t produce enough cars. Shorts often have to change their thesis as Tesla reaches old targets while setting new goals.

Oh, I see the short-seller I was responding to has been nuked again. Anyway, for reference, he actually claimed again that making more cars would cause Tesla to lose more money.

*eyeroll*

There are a lot of stupid bear theses, but that is the absolute stupidest, as it ignores the entire concept of economies of scale.

This is easy to settle, do you think Q2 is going to be better or worse than Q1?

I believe in economies of scale, but I don’t believe they apply to Tesla. Divide total losses by cars sold and you will see. It’s badly mismanaged.

I suggest you look up the differences between fixed costs, variable costs, capital expenses, and operating expenses.
Otherwise you might do something foolish like try to extrapolate amortized fixed and variable costs from total expenses which includes things like paying off the manufacturing line...

Mod note: please do not encourage the troll.

Sock puppet accounts, especially to try and bypass moderator actions, are also grounds for an immediate permanent ban. This user has created several sock puppet accounts. He is not welcome here. Please report any further activity to the moderators.
Why not just close the thread?

Flamethrowers are out, let’s get this show started.

'A great item to have': flamethrowers sell like hot cakes at Elon Musk sale

Have you ever seen people get as excited for flamethrowers as this? Ask yourself why, shorts. Is it hype or could it be something else? Perhaps the public support for anything Tesla/SpaceX/Elon related is way beyond your expectations, like the 500k reservation holders for Model 3, soon to be Model Y.

The guy went from Tesla losses money on every car sold, so the more cars Tesla sells the faster they go out of business. Now he’s switching his theory to Tesla will go out of business because they won’t produce enough cars. Shorts often have to change their thesis as Tesla reaches old targets while setting new goals.
No he isnt.

This stuff is insane, shorts thesis has been more or less consistent for years. The longs are contantly changing stories, goals, predictions.

The Tesla cult reminds me so much of Trump followers