Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High-Five to the 2.52.22 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
I wanted to post a positive post giving Tesla's software team a High-Five for the latest FW update 2.52.22

I was very vocal with several threads about the .114 update that butchered several features of A/P. With the latest update we now have our:

+(5) mph setting back with AutoSteer
(5)0 50 mph slowdown on the expressway AFTER having already past a parked car on the freeway GONE
(5) band equalizer sliders now stay set to your settings.

The three 5's deserver a HIGH-FIVE!!!!

Thank you Tesla for listening to owners and emails and voicemails with our concerns.

We've definitely crossed into the Twilight Zone if an update deserves any kudos at all for correcting a boneheaded bug that never should have existed in the first place, one that should have been caught by even the most basic of software testing, and for returning functionality that was stupidly removed. That's like rewarding a D student with a "most improved award" for getting a B while ignoring all of the A students.

We've definitely crossed into the Twilight Zone if an update deserves any kudos at all for correcting a boneheaded bug that never should have existed in the first place, one that should have been caught by even the most basic of software testing, and for returning functionality that was stupidly removed. That's like rewarding a D student with a "most improved award" for getting a B while ignoring all of the A students.

Well Tesla could have considered what you refer to as a "boneheaded bug" as a necessary "safety law abiding feature" as we move closer to full autonomy and left it in place and made us live with it but they didn't so I am still offering a High-Five for listening and responding.

Last edited:

Zing!

• Disagree
Reactions: HumanGenome
While I agree with you, in general, those bugs should not have been there in the first place.

Not only that, those bugs were there (presets not sticking is not new. rear thump sound is not new), then they were fixed (presets started sticking, rear thump went away), and then they were BOTH brought back. I'm glad this update fixed one of them, we'll see about the other one.

Tesla needs the QA/QC team to improve. And I don't even blame them, if someone higher up says "we're releasing this tomorrow, and I don't care if you don't have time to test it", it's not that particular teams fault. But there is a problem somewhere in the chain.

With that being said, there is no need to not be happy that they got around to fixing it. It's a small win, but it's a win nonetheless.

We've definitely crossed into the Twilight Zone

Agreed - looking forward to installing the update tonight (I was out of town). Having come to the world of Teslas from the primitive world of ICE cars, the responsiveness from Tesla is admirable.

PS: Is there a place I can go to to see "What is New" in any given update? I saw this, but did not find the info useful: Software updates.

i'd love to know who the "A" students are in this analogy. compared to Tesla, every other carmaker is riding the short bus from my perspective.

Here are the Released Notes--not very detailed.. I can confirm the +5 is back and seems like less nagging as well in my limited test.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 122
Those are general release notes which came with the previous update as well. Tesla is not very good at giving out specific release notes for each incremental update.

Wish they were more detailed! I saw the same notes from the previous update. I believe this may be an update to the update. o_O But again, that's probably why we are all saying that if we had the "What's new" notes, it would be awesome.

Reactions: EVie'sDad