Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
July 2019 Model 3 AWD - 36k miles ; car at 100% charge around 298-300 miles stated range (so about ~3%-4% degradation from original 310 miles)

no warranty issues aside from a lose plastic trim piece; on my second windshield

a little surprised to see numerous reports with Rear drive unit going out after 120k+ miles... not that I would keep my car that long... but still far away from the "million miles" claim Elon keeps touting...

How many here with 50k+ miles and still the original front upper control arms = no squeaking?

I’m coming up to 4 years and just shy of 40k miles and Tesla never sealed my control arms… yet no issues so far. Maybe the North Texas low corrosion environment helps…

How many here with 50k+ miles and still the original front upper control arms = no squeaking?

I’m coming up to 4 years and just shy of 40k miles and Tesla never sealed my control arms… yet no issues so far. Maybe the North Texas low corrosion environment helps…
Mine started squeaking around 40k. Not sure it's related to corrosion.

Research whether your was made after they discovered the problem.

Also, can't you seal the, with a little goo on the top?

Interesting graph, why is it when you set your charge limit to 80% you got a maximum range estimation drop? And then a 5% increase setting it back to 90%?
That is the range at 90% or 80% for that one year, I did not equalize out to 100%. Maybe I should but I did not. So when I charge to 100%, which I do a few times each year the range goes up 10% or about 295 miles on a full charge.

Well, @Big Earl was driving with me recently and mentioned a rattle in the front end. I blanched as I didn't think I had an issues, but it had probably creeped in on my slowly over the last 150k miles. I have been listening for it for a few weeks now, had a lotta time on this WA roadtrip, and if I hit a series of bumps like those that warn you of a traffic change ahead the front end rattles dramatically and it never did, even when I had the front suspension squeak, from the factory. I had replacements put in but it didn't fix it, ended up waiting for revision G before they finally fixed my squeak.

My M3 Dual Motor delivered in late June 2019 has 90,000 miles. Who else has a lot of miles on their M3? How concerned are you about being outside of the battery and drive unit warranty? Discussed in another thread, I canceled my trade in for an MY. I decided I needed to save the money and keep my M3, which I love. Now I’m starting to get a little stressed out about the battery failing after the warranty.

My wife has a Toyota 2016 minivan with similar mileage, and we don’t think twice about that. But it just feels like EVs are different. If the battery goes, the car becomes worthless. There really isn’t much of an analogy on that other than the engine of a car, which rarely dies. I guess the same could be said for the battery on the M3? I hope so!

So, just to make me feel better, please chime in and let me know about your high mileage M3?

Reactions: king.cong.1119
I don't have a high mileage M3, but, to make you feel better, that confident of reliability drving a toyota is not a universal thing even in ICE world.
Also, at 90k miles, you probably saved 25-30k in gas money, and tbh the car probably already paid for itself, so even if the battery goes, it's still not going to be the end of the world in my opinion. is there any insurance/warranty you can purchase additionally specifically for the battery?

My M3 Dual Motor delivered in late June 2019 has 90,000 miles. Who else has a lot of miles on their M3? How concerned are you about being outside of the battery and drive unit warranty? Discussed in another thread, I canceled my trade in for an MY. I decided I needed to save the money and keep my M3, which I love. Now I’m starting to get a little stressed out about the battery failing after the warranty.

My wife has a Toyota 2016 minivan with similar mileage, and we don’t think twice about that. But it just feels like EVs are different. If the battery goes, the car becomes worthless. There really isn’t much of an analogy on that other than the engine of a car, which rarely dies. I guess the same could be said for the battery on the M3? I hope so!

So, just to make me feel better, please chime in and let me know about your high mileage M3?
I am up there with you, my 2020 Performance I got in Jan 2020 has raked up just about 88000 miles. I am starting to look at alternatives but, for the moment being, I am a bit stumped.
I have gas cars, I'd like to replace this one with an EV. I want it to be latest gen though, and not a Tesla. Unfortunately the market still offers EVs based on gas platforms, which I really do not want. Maybe I'll get an Audi etron GT, just because I love the styling.

Deliver on my ‘20 was in Dec ‘19 and the car is 5 miles from 9k; probably hit that milestone this afternoon. So, can’t relate.

An LR has a 120k warranty so you still have some time to decide. If you’re that concerned, you could either sell the car or get an [aftermarket] extended warranty.

I am up there with you, my 2020 Performance I got in Jan 2020 has raked up just about 88000 miles. I am starting to look at alternatives but, for the moment being, I am a bit stumped.
I have gas cars, I'd like to replace this one with an EV. I want it to be latest gen though, and not a Tesla. Unfortunately the market still offers EVs based on gas platforms, which I really do not want. Maybe I'll get an Audi etron GT, just because I love the styling.
maybe looking at ionic 5 and 6