Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new highest VIN # is certainly somewhere on this parking lot !

maybe those are the rejects . . . . . . looking for a good source of spare parts?
;)
joking aside, on our factory tour last year - we were surprised to see such a big pile of recognizable body parts that the guide acknowledged were 'scrap'. I'd love to know what kind of scrap rate is going on w/ the 3.

The new highest VIN # is certainly somewhere on this parking lot !

so i've seen multiple videos with parking lots full of tesla but its not clear which location its in or if its the same parking lot filmed by different people. any insight? which parking lots have we seen and how many cars each contained?

my understanding and is probably incorrect:
marina del mar ~130 cars
fremont ~150-250 cars

so i've seen multiple videos with parking lots full of tesla but its not clear which location its in or if its the same parking lot filmed by different people. any insight? which parking lots have we seen and how many cars each contained?

marina del mar ~130 cars
fremont ~150-250 cars

This video is probably taken on Kato Rd next to the 880 on the southern end of the factory. Looks like they finished the parking lot, it wasn't done when I was there mid Oct.

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad

marina del mar ~130 cars
fremont ~150-250 cars
The other videos from this past weekend were taken at Fremont delivery center, which is ~1 mi south of the factory on the other side of HW880. So these are two different groups of 100's of M3 in Fremont.

10,000 would really be nice at this point

This year? That would probably mean producing at a 3K/week average rate for the remainder of 2017.

With 2.5 weeks left in 2017, and the highest VIN spotted in the 2500s, ~6K produced this year is probably about the upper limit of a best case scenario today, and 2017 deliveries will be lower than total vehicles produced. My optimistic guess is 4,200 deliveries out of a few hundred more produced.

This year? That would probably mean producing at a 3K/week average rate for the remainder of 2017.

With 2.5 weeks left in 2017, and the highest VIN spotted in the 2500s, ~6K produced this year is probably about the upper limit of a best case scenario today, and 2017 deliveries will be lower than total vehicles produced. My optimistic guess is 4,200 deliveries out of a few hundred more produced.
You are probably right. Its just that I'm probably around 250,000 in line. Only 1% of the way. Oh well.

One thing though that perplexes me. Why are non-employees configuring. There has to be more than 2000 employees that ordered a Model 3.

One thing though that perplexes me. Why are non-employees configuring. There has to be more than 2000 employees that ordered a Model 3.

1. They might want to wait for currently unavailable options.
2. They might have reserved with the theory that they'd flip the cars and make profit.
3. A lot of people are willing to put down a refundable $1k, but when it's time to make an actual commitment, that's a bigger deal. I heard a rumor (again… rumor, not stating this as fact) that the Model X reservation -> order/purchase conversation rate was as low as 9%. Not 19%, or 49%. 9%. I've personally figured there's no way that more than 50% of the reservations would be orders *ever*, and I'd be kinda surprised if more than 15% become "First Production" orders.
4. A lot of people want to lease, and can't.

1. They might want to wait for currently unavailable options.
2. They might have reserved with the theory that they'd flip the cars and make profit.
3. A lot of people are willing to put down a refundable $1k, but when it's time to make an actual commitment, that's a bigger deal. I heard a rumor (again… rumor, not stating this as fact) that the Model X reservation -> order/purchase conversation rate was as low as 9%. Not 19%, or 49%. 9%. I've personally figured there's no way that more than 50% of the reservations would be orders *ever*, and I'd be kinda surprised if more than 15% become "First Production" orders.
4. A lot of people want to lease, and can't.
Very interesting.