Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Park, IL Service Center!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that map on their web site is so inaccurate!

If you followed their directions you'd fall off an overpass! And to go westbound on Deerfield from Northbound 41 is the complete inverse of what they're showing.

It's a snap to get to from 41 South ... exit and go the feeder road, just don't miss the turning or you'll end up at Lake Cook Road!

Northbound, take Deerfield West and take the road all the way around to the shopping center. Sneak through it to the back, over the RR tracks, then turn right down the cul-de-sac.

Sorry I missed the club members/fellow owners. I made it there around 5:30. It was open, but all the Grand was gone. FYI, according to the regional manager, these are the only superchargers planned for the metro area.

Hmmmm, that seems… odd. I mean it will work but it's a weird place to put it if this is going to be the only one. We'll see. My guess long term they will put one on the west side somewhere on 90.

Wow, that map on their web site is so inaccurate!

If you followed their directions you'd fall off an overpass! And to go westbound on Deerfield from Northbound 41 is the complete inverse of what they're showing.

It's a snap to get to from 41 South ... exit and go the feeder road, just don't miss the turning or you'll end up at Lake Cook Road!

Northbound, take Deerfield West and take the road all the way around to the shopping center. Sneak through it to the back, over the RR tracks, then turn right down the cul-de-sac.

I just sent you a few PMs. Your inbox is full and would not send my messages.

Sorry this is OT, but...

Anyone been to Champaign IL? I am thinking of driving there, but need a destination charge base. I see one on the University campus. A hotel would be better.

I just spent a week and a half there last week. I drove there from Toronto.

Most of the time I just plugged into the garage at 120v (staying with relatives). I also plugged into their dryer outlet a couple of times when I need a fast charge.

Have a look on a PlugShare. There are a few charge locations available. Be careful when the temps are super cold as it really cuts it close going to and from Champaign. No problem if you go from Highland Park to Champaign or from the SC at Normal. If you come in from Normal then you have enough charge left to drive around town (plug in at night at 120V) and get back to Normal and then to Highland Park.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some more details.

Najeeb

Also Somewhat related-ish. pulled into the HP SC this morning to try super charging on my car for the first time! pulled in. plunged in. no Joy. look at dash, "supercharging option not enabled on this vehicle!!???". Long story short the engineers in Cali. had to flip a software switch to enable-enable SCing. Word to the wise, make sure you test it before you really need it!

Also Somewhat related-ish. pulled into the HP SC this morning to try super charging on my car for the first time! pulled in. plunged in. no Joy. look at dash, "supercharging option not enabled on this vehicle!!???". Long story short the engineers in Cali. had to flip a software switch to enable-enable SCing. Word to the wise, make sure you test it before you really need it!

How long did it take for the issue to be resolved?

How long did it take for the issue to be resolved?

about 20 mins of a tech at the service center on the phone with California and I was able to plug in and charge. Apparently what was enabled this morning was just a diagnostic software switch to verify that everything was working and the full time switch will be put out and enabled in the car within 24 hours. Some over the air update to my firmware I would assume.

about 20 mins of a tech at the service center on the phone with California and I was able to plug in and charge. Apparently what was enabled this morning was just a diagnostic software switch to verify that everything was working and the full time switch will be put out and enabled in the car within 24 hours. Some over the air update to my firmware I would assume.

Glad everything worked out!