Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At no point does he say he is nor sound confused (more that you are with the responses lol). The seat heaters were moved from the main screen where they interfered with nothing (that area is now blank so a pointless removal). The blind spot camera does forced you to look at the screen (should you choose to us that function) unless of course you have a severe squint or wall eye (maybe chameleon eyes?). Personally I tried it, disliked it so turned it off but then I’ve never had any blindspot warnings on any cars I’ve owned so don’t miss it anyway🤷🏼‍♂️.
Conclusion - no confusion just dislike of changes that had no reason to be made for the most part. They’re form over function changes which should never happen in a 2 ton rolling weapon, all changes should be function over form. No one should have to “relearn” where things are whilst moving at speed along an open road ….. it’s dangerous, pure & simple. Yes people could use voice commands but a lot don’t like them (never have) or just struggle with them for various reasons. Yes they could have bought another car too but then that wouldn’t be in Tesla’s best interest would it as it is a company devised to make money first & foremost. The more it sells, the more it makes so to exclude a vast proportion of the population by making things unusable (to them) makes no sense (in that respect). Would I have bought into the Tesla dream if I was aware that updates brought such swinging changes to a well functioning layout ….. It would certainly have given me pause for thought tbh. I’m not a technophobe by any means but I am an engineer first & foremost. If safety is compromised because a change in functionality makes things more difficult for the majority to use, then the change is a bad choice & should be rethought.
Where I live the seat heaters are used 3 months of the year. It is useless to have two seater buttons on the screen for the rest of the 9 months. It makes perfect sense to have them in the climate folder two easy clicks away. To state that it was not safe to double tap a screen button that takes less than a second sounds like confusion to me. And let’s not forget you are supposed to quickly check the screen first to see that the desired lane is opened then change lanes without looking at the screen. Don’t look at the screen while you merge. If you are unsure for some reason while merging, use the side mirrors like every other car on the road.

Last edited:
Where I live the seat heaters are used 3 months of the year. It is useless to have two seater buttons on the screen for the rest of the 9 months. It makes perfect sense to have them in the climate folder two easy clicks away. To state that it was not safe to double tap a screen button that takes less than a second sounds like confusion to me. And let’s not forget you are supposed to quickly check the screen first to see that the desired lane is opened then change lanes without looking at the screen. Don’t look at the screen while you merge. If you are unsure for some reason while merging, use the side mirrors like every other car on the road.
So on the basis of where you live all car manufacturers should hide the heated seat buttons in the boot (trunk) then. Let me ask how often you use any of the functions you can set as favourites now? How often do you use the entertainment button that now sits in pride of place on the main screen or volume control (on screen).
As for checking the screen prior to merging, personally I’d rather they get rid of the massive toy car / road representation or at least shrink it. I’ve never needed it before & never had a traffic cone jump out at me whilst driving by lol. It’s over large & largely a distraction/ unnecessary for the majority of the time.

So on the basis of where you live all car manufacturers should hide the heated seat buttons in the boot (trunk) then. Let me ask how often you use any of the functions you can set as favourites now? How often do you use the entertainment button that now sits in pride of place on the main screen or volume control (on screen).
As for checking the screen prior to merging, personally I’d rather they get rid of the massive toy car / road representation or at least shrink it. I’ve never needed it before & never had a traffic cone jump out at me whilst driving by lol. It’s over large & largely a distraction/ unnecessary for the majority of the time.
They are not hidden. Anyone can swipe up from anywhere from the bottom of screen without looking, then touch the seat heater button. Very easy and takes one second. It’s hard for you?

They are not hidden. Anyone can swipe up from anywhere from the bottom of screen without looking, then touch the seat heater button. Very easy and takes one second. It’s hard for you?
It’s an unnecessary distraction that had no need to be changed. Toybox could go in the background completely instead. Last time I checked when sitting in something with a steering wheel & foot pedals it meant I was in a car (unless I was in a games arcade lol). That and the fact there’s actually a blank space where they used to be so why move them? I could maybe understand if something else replaced them ….but no just a blacked out bar🤷🏼‍♂️ (Picture attached for reference 😈)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 72
It’s an unnecessary distraction that had no need to be changed. Toybox could go in the background completely instead. Last time I checked when sitting in something with a steering wheel & foot pedals it meant I was in a car (unless I was in a games arcade lol). That and the fact there’s actually a blank space where they used to be so why move them? I could maybe understand if something else replaced them ….but no just a blacked out bar🤷🏼‍♂️ (Picture attached for reference 😈)
I agree that there should be more options in the customizable one touch toolbar.

Fine. Find me any other car with heated seats that takes more than one button press.

I'll wait.
What about a button that doesn't work? Does that count? Here's a credit for a feature you thought you were getting...now beat it customer... So yeah, it could be worse that hitting 2 buttons... It takes no time, use the auto feature or use the app to turn on your seats before you get in the car. It is amazing how long this argument has gone on for... exactly right per below, if it's that major of a deal to you then sell the car, it holds its value VERY well and you can buy a GM with heated...wait... uh oh... maybe not...

V11 is crap. The whole dam thing looks like an elderly person’s desktop computer.
Nah, if that were the case, the font would be bigger, not smaller than before. 😆
A horizontal drive mode indicator is all wrong when the drive mode selector operates vertically. Had that right the first time.
You mean the second time. :) It was horizontal for 3 years, then vertical for 1, and now back to horizontal.

Maybe try wipe you cam from smudges?
Tried that. Washed the car, too. For me it doesn't matter much because I find the system basically worthless regardless of image quality. The only real use is when I'm using FSD - the blinker is so quiet that it's difficult to hear and having the image flash up on the screen makes it easy to tell when the car turns on the blinker.

Who is forcing you to look at the screen while changing lanes?
Just quickly check screen to see if desired lane is open then change lanes without looking at the screen.
Or you can go old school with just mirrors?
ummm...you seem confused. How do you use the blind spot monitor without looking at the screen? Maybe You just use The Force?

You sound confused to me. First the difficulties you had with the seat heaters and now you state the system forces you to look at the screen while merging lanes. Both statements made by you should be relocated to the “I’m confused with V11” thread.
Nope, not confused (nor are any of the other people who dislike the update) but your responses have lead me to a few possible conclusions:
  • You either don't read carefully or have poor comprehension since you repeatedly misinterpret what people have written
  • You're being deliberately obtuse
  • For lack of a better word, you're a troll. This is my working diagnosis. You don't answer questions or attempt to justify or explain your position but instead revert to insults and calling people names. (I hesitate to use the word 'troll,' because I don't want to sink to name calling, but it's the best description I can muster.)
Regardless, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that having a rational discussion is impossible.

ummm...you seem confused. How do you use the blind spot monitor without looking at the screen? Maybe You just use The Force?

Nope, not confused (nor are any of the other people who dislike the update) but your responses have lead me to a few possible conclusions:
  • You either don't read carefully or have poor comprehension since you repeatedly misinterpret what people have written
  • You're being deliberately obtuse
  • For lack of a better word, you're a troll. This is my working diagnosis. You don't answer questions or attempt to justify or explain your position but instead revert to insults and calling people names. (I hesitate to use the word 'troll,' because I don't want to sink to name calling, but it's the best description I can muster.)
Regardless, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that having a rational discussion is impossible.
Agree 100%. But too chicken to state the fact. An excellent example for using the word “Troll”.

For those who need it, @NowIsGood wrote a very nice summary of the V11 interface:

As you read through it, it's notable how many sections begin with "no longer on the main screen..."