Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery versus Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
didn't know it was open yet! very cool if so...

it's definitely open. and personally, if i'm not doing home delivery, i'd much rather pick up from rockville than have to negotiate DC streets the first time i drive my model S. :) (oh, and i'd second you on all the Virginia crap. We are also negative support as far as solar as well. It pisses me off to no end that if i lived in maryland i'd probably have solar on my house now, and another few thousand $$ in my pocket from EV incentives.)

I initially selected home delivery, but considering possible problems, changed to Seattle pick up. I'd like to use the LEAF for the trip to Seattle, but winter range is not good enough with out charging in Seattle, and I don't want to fool around with that. Guess we'll have to take the ICE for a final ride.

After the S gets home, it is going to be 100% EV.

When I was on active duty in the Navy and purchased a new car in California, I had two options regarding sales tax:

1. Pick up the car in California, pay California sales tax, then go through the paperwork with my home state to work out the tax transfer

2. The salesman and I drove just over the California/Nevada border, I took possession of the car in Nevada, complete with all the paperwork, then he drove back and I drove back. I then took care of the sales tax with my state home of record. (I did this option)

Unless the laws have changed, if you take delivery in California - you have to pay sales tax to them, then settle up with the state you license the car in.

Regarding our Model S - it is being home delivered by the Tampa Service Center on Saturday!!!!