Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home made jack pad for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates?

Since no one got any recent updates.... I asked a friend to look into this. He owns a machining shop and have China connection for production run. If anyone is interested, I can have him look into a batch run for us.

Any interest?

Reactions: Gt1948
Any updates?

Since no one got any recent updates.... I asked a friend to look into this. He owns a machining shop and have China connection for production run. If anyone is interested, I can have him look into a batch run for us.

Any interest?

I would probably be interested but I doubt you could produce them and sell them for a reasonable price after shipping etc...
Aluminum isnt expensive, its just the manufacturing. I bet this would be more cost effective building it in the USA then going through china.

My friend is currently traveling, so hard to communicate with him now. Will need to sit down with him and work on details.

He knows aluminum cost will be the most expensive part of the production. Hopefully he can work out a large batch order to keep the price down.

When I can get more details, I will update you guys to see if his price point is okay with forum members.

Does anyone know the depth and size of the jackpot jackstand? Might as well put hole for it.

Got updates from my friend....
He can do a sample run of 20. He is hoping someone will to be willing to evaluate before finalizing design.

After manufacturing and shipping to me from China, he is looking at maybe $30 to break even for this small test batch. So I might have to have folks close to me so I can hand deliver on the last leg for your testing.

I am in the San Diego area, so anyone interested can let me know. I might be able to do OC as a group meet.

When I was teaching this stuff, i would have my students draw their parts in the free software “emachineshop”. It completely automates pricing once you draw the part so you can instantly see the price for 10, 100,1000 etc. and the costs for surface finishing, anodizing, etc. easy enough for most people to use. If you want to PM me a drawing, i can enter it and give you the numbers.

Does anyone know the depth and size of the jackpot jackstand? Might as well put hole for it.

Got updates from my friend....
He can do a sample run of 20. He is hoping someone will to be willing to evaluate before finalizing design.

After manufacturing and shipping to me from China, he is looking at maybe $30 to break even for this small test batch. So I might have to have folks close to me so I can hand deliver on the last leg for your testing.

I am in the San Diego area, so anyone interested can let me know. I might be able to do OC as a group meet.

Is that for 1 or multple?

Is that for 1 or multple?

That is $30 per unit for small batch prototype run of 20 units.. or close to it. He cannot get exact price until after shipping cost.

If you want to help him with the prototype testing and improvement suggestions; and help with the initial $30/unit into funding this small batch run.... (also insurance the prototype tester would not get a free unit and not participate in reporting their findings for refinement). I will help get you guys the final production unit free to replace your prototype unit.

I am his first prototype tester.... anyone else? 19 more to go.

Getting back to this thread, $30 sounds very reasonable.
I am on east coast and would be more than happy to order four for both of my Ms's

I am helping my friend with the prototype test and asking for improvement suggestions before doing production run. Just to be clear, $30/unit cost is for manufacturing and shipping from China to me.... of the 20 test units. There is no profit on his part for these 20 units.

He is waiting on the test results before he will do a 1000 unit order for us... only then will he get his profit margin.... or final pricing he is comfortable with.

If you are still interested with getting your hands on this prototype run, are you willing to pay for the shipping cost? One reason I am trying to get SoCal memebers for doing the testing, as I can hand deliver to safe a few pennies for him.

Hi guys
Do you think hardwood like maple will hold up over time? Made a modified one to fit the jack for my brother in law. Just fits with a low profile jack.

I'm lucky to have one if those woodworking cnc machines! Be willing to make a few more.

Attachments

• IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    392.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 239
Hi guys
Do you think hardwood like maple will hold up over time? Made a modified one to fit the jack for my brother in law. Just fits with a low profile jack.

I'm lucky to have one if those woodworking cnc machines! Be willing to make a few more.

Hi guys

Mine are regular pine - I wanted softer wood to avoid any damage on the car. After 3 seasonal tire changes, it virtually shows zero wear

If your friend doesn't come through, my neighbor actually owns a VERY large manufacturing shop that can make exactly what we need.

If someone has a CAD drawing, I could run it by him and get an estimate. Iv seen his shop and each machine costs hundreds of thousands. That with labor and misc costs, I don't expect it to be cheap.Then again I know nothing about manufacturing.

Ill try and take a stab at autocad today. Its one program I never got the hang of. My illustrator drawing I posted earlier in this thread has all the exact dimensions, just need to convert it to a 3d model.

Reactions: Gt1948