Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink DIY install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a used one from eBay same model (1114984-00-B) for my 2023 Model Y LR picked up on December 2022. Installed seems fine and I'm able to added it on my car, however I noticed the right headlight is ON when the Homelink module is plugged in. Left headlight is off and whatever I try to do it's still not On. So I unplug the module and both headlights are ok. I try to setup the homelink but somehow I can't get pass the screen where you holding down the remote and link to the car. I'm on the latest software version 2023.12.5. I'm not sure what's going on, i checked the Service Alerts and got these:

VCFront_a096_OCS1P_MIA
VCRight_a238_lumbarValveMIA
EPBR_a096_OCS1P_MIA

Does anyone know what's happened?

Try reinstalling software? I can't explain why it's causing the issue with right headlight and the errors, but my understanding is that reinstalling software causes modules to be interrogated and their local software updated as well. It's worth a try.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Try reinstalling software? I can't explain why it's causing the issue with right headlight and the errors, but my understanding is that reinstalling software causes modules to be interrogated and their local software updated as well. It's worth a try.

Uninstalled the software on the car?

"Reinstall", not "uninstall". Go to Service mode and select "Software Reinstall".

Reactions: irobot2090
Well, tried everything still not working. I think module is toasted.

IMG_4418.jpeg

Reactions: Cyb_ and RoBoRaT
I was able to get the parts from my local service center and they did not have the bracket so I had to wait for a couple days. The service center told me that they can sell the parts but they won't do anything if the parts don't work. I installed and added it in about 25 minutes. I had to move the Wyze Camera away from the wire hanging from the garage door opener to get better range for the homelink to work further away from my garage. It works well after all. I have options of auto folding, auto open when getting home and auto close garage door leaving my house. 230.06 before tax and I got 2 screws.

I've considered doing this to my newly acquired Model 3... went on ebay to look at homelink module prices and just laughed. Some of these crackheads want $400 for a used module (and multiple posts for $350+). The cheapest is $150 though, not sure I'm ready for this potential headache, but I got so used to Homelink in my MY that I feel like an animal pressing a button on the remote.

My car is still new so I'm still debating what to do.