Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Not Available for 2023 Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for sharing your own experience. When you selected Model Y and 2017-2022 Model 3, did you get a warning that the product was incompatible with your vehicle?

In any event, please let us know after your 5/5 appointment, so I can let my dad know.

You should ask your dad to go back to the Tesla online store now and try to order homelink from his account now, and see if it still says its not compatible. I am going to guess that his response would likely be "it doesnt say that now... strange".

Thank you for sharing your own experience. When you selected Model Y and 2017-2022 Model 3, did you get a warning that the product was incompatible with your vehicle?

In any event, please let us know after your 5/5 appointment, so I can let my dad know.
No problems with the Homelink install on my 2023 MYP today. Took him about 15 minutes for install and program it for my garage doors.

Yeah, issue is I'd like to try to get it available and installed when we pick it up. We live 4 hours from dealership . . . . Thanks for the info! Just glad to know it's something still available for the 2023 MY . . .
I live two hours from nearest service. I ordered the opener with my Tesla app and a Tesla rep installed it - while parked in my garage.

Reactions: pkmody
You should ask your dad to go back to the Tesla online store now and try to order homelink from his account now, and see if it still says its not compatible. I am going to guess that his response would likely be "it doesnt say that now... strange".
My dad had another service appointment for a different issue, and the service advisor ordered the homelink for him. Given others’ experience, I expect the installation will be a non-issue.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I would like the homelink also. I don't have a VIN yet, and I get the same "you don't have a compatible vehicle". Wondering if I will be able to order for install like you did once I receive the VIN. Hope so, and I don't have a MyQ compatible door, and don't want to pay a monthly fee to open it . . .
You can buy an add on home link device for <$20 on Amazon that will retrofit your current opener.

Agree on sub fee. Really a tax to enable a button in the car. I created a series of shortcuts on my phone that determine my location and open/close the garage door without the subscription. No monthly fee and it just works.

Reactions: KBF
My experience when I ordered my S.

I physically went to the SC and asked for 4 TPMS sensors since the car was to be delivered in December and wanted my winter tires and wheels to be ready for me to install as soon as I arrived home with her. Since I had not received a VIN yet, I was told I could not order them. Had a "discussion" with the fellow only to be told there is no way he could sell these to me without an associated VIN which the item is compatible. It then dawned on me that our Y has the same bluetooth sensors so I was able to order through the Y. All worked out in the end but only because I cheated the system.

If there policy has not changed since then, you will not be able to order or will get error messages when trying to order until you are assigned a VIN. The part must be compatible for the model of the VIN you supply. You could always ask someone you know that has the same model to order it for you.

I just bought a used one from eBay same model (1114984-00-B) for my 2023 Model Y LR picked up on December 2022. Installed seems fine and I'm able to added it on my car, however I noticed the right headlight is ON when the Homelink module is plugged in. Left headlight is off and whatever I try to do it's still not On. So I unplug the module and both headlights are ok. I try to setup the homelink but somehow I can't get pass the screen where you holding down the remote and link to the car. I'm on the latest software version 2023.12.5. I'm not sure what's going on, i checked the Service Alerts and got these:

VCFront_a096_OCS1P_MIA
VCRight_a238_lumbarValveMIA
EPBR_a096_OCS1P_MIA

Does anyone know what's happened?

I have a 2023 model Y built early January 2023. I bought the 'homeland' module from Tesla (phone app) after I took delivery of the car. Mobiel service came out and installed it in 20 minutes.

As a workaround, you can stick your garage door opener to the back of the car display.... Good luck.

I have a 2023 model Y built early January 2023. I bought the 'homeland' module from Tesla (phone app) after I took delivery of the car. Mobiel service came out and installed it in 20 minutes.

As a workaround, you can stick your garage door opener to the back of the car display.... Good luck.
We ended up sticking the opener in the door pocket with Velcro command strip. It is tucked in the back corner and super handy to open/close the garage door. To us, we decided it didn’t matter if we pushed the remote button or a button on the car screen. So saved ourselves $350 and used the hidden remote.

Although the MyQ is pretty great and safe… be careful with putting your trust in the open/closed state. I’ve had MyQ in my Tesla get the state confused and close an already open garage and vice versa. Also, my MyQ in the Tesla sometimes doesn’t work without the 10 beep/flash delay, but usually it opens/closes without delay. It’s not perfect but it’s a decent alternative to Homelink. Just be careful with trusting that tilt sensor/app. It can (and will) mess up one day.
I've found this to be garage opener brand specific (not MyQ). For example, one of my doors is a DirectDrive and it doesn't always receive the first signal sent to it even by its own remote transmitter openers. In other words, even without MyQ the DirectDrive brand often takes 2 button presses before it catches the signal. That's not MyQ or Tesla's fault.
I do agree that if one has a garage opener brand like this, then it's not a perfect integration. I believe Homelink has issues with some brands too...

I only use MyQ on my phone (free) and I know that if the state doesn't change within about 30 seconds, then I have to crash close the app and try again (simulate pushing the remote button twice).

as a few other have stated, i got my module on eBay new with bracket and bolt for $210 after tax. simple DYI and programming through service mode. There was a forum member reselling these module for cheap, but last i checked, he wanted $275 now, which is not worth the trouble compared to just having tesla do it for $350.

as a few other have stated, i got my module on eBay new with bracket and bolt for $210 after tax. simple DYI and programming through service mode. There was a forum member reselling these module for cheap, but last i checked, he wanted $275 now, which is not worth the trouble compared to just having tesla do it for $350.
LiveKey app and a little bit of automation to run a script on your phone can close any myQ garage door or open it based on your proximity to home. I wouldn’t recommend buying the homelike adapter for 210-350 or paying for the subscription. This can all be done for free. And it works. My experience is better than the myQ free trial experience.

LiveKey app and a little bit of automation to run a script on your phone can close any myQ garage door or open it based on your proximity to home. I wouldn’t recommend buying the homelike adapter for 210-350 or paying for the subscription. This can all be done for free. And it works. My experience is better than the myQ free trial experience.
no doubt there are other more economical options and alternatives, I considered just sticking a $10 clicker to the back on my screen. For me, it was more about utilizing the integration vs having to rely on other work arounds (while possibly more reliable) and the auto folding mirrors is nice function for small garage parking (i'm sure there's a workaround for this as well)

no doubt there are other more economical options and alternatives, I considered just sticking a $10 clicker to the back on my screen. For me, it was more about utilizing the integration vs having to rely on other work arounds (while possibly more reliable) and the auto folding mirrors is nice function for small garage parking (i'm sure there's a workaround for this as well)