Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hope a Model X refresh has these:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our 100D turned 1 year this week. Best car I've ever owned! But there are two features I sorely miss, that I hope Tesla considers for inclusion in any refresh of the model:

1. Over-door grab handles, especially over passenger side in the front. We are in our 80s, and as easy as it is to get in and out of the car, my wife really needs something to hang onto as she enters.

2. An easily invoked birds-eye view of the vehicle. (On one of the stalks, maybe?) I am short enough, and the front of the car is short enough, that I have no view (unless I stop and rearrange side-view mirror settings) of clearances on left and right when getting into parking spaces. A [simulated] overhead camera view would really help in getting centered in the space.

I wonder: Do others have these concerns? Have a workaround?

Thanks!

Our 100D turned 1 year this week. Best car I've ever owned! But there are two features I sorely miss, that I hope Tesla considers for inclusion in any refresh of the model:

1. Over-door grab handles, especially over passenger side in the front. We are in our 80s, and as easy as it is to get in and out of the car, my wife really needs something to hang onto as she enters.

2. An easily invoked birds-eye view of the vehicle. (On one of the stalks, maybe?) I am short enough, and the front of the car is short enough, that I have no view (unless I stop and rearrange side-view mirror settings) of clearances on left and right when getting into parking spaces. A [simulated] overhead camera view would really help in getting centered in the space.

I wonder: Do others have these concerns? Have a workaround?

Thanks!
Grab handles in 2nd row is what I'd like, for the in-laws. But even without, it's so open I can get mom-in-law in there better than any other car. Suspension low helps.....

Not a birds eye view but at least the front of the car. A long thread but just read the first entry and then decide if you want to PM the OP.

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

I want a HUD in addition to the bird's eye. I came to the X from a BMW that had both and was shocked that Tesla did not have them.

Another thing that would be great would be detection of cars of cross traffic when backing up or pulling out. Sometimes your view is obscured, but a camera facing to the side on the front and rear bumpers could see traffic

360 Birds eye view similar to what BMW offers is an absolutely required feature on any refresh. It should be the priority #1 behind upgrading the battery to longer range and faster charging.

You get this in Nissan's now. How Tesla has not incorporated this blows my mind.

You don't need a refresh for this, its a software update. all the hardware is already there

Reactions: BulldogsRus
You don't need a refresh for this, its a software update. all the hardware is already there

I've read that it is not possible with current hardware. Can't recall the source and have no first hand knowledge but that is what I've found in my research. Take that for what it's worth.

If it is something as simple as a software upgrade then there is no excuse not to have this feature.

Reactions: dmurphy
I've read that it is not possible with current hardware. Can't recall the source and have no first hand knowledge but that is what I've found in my research. Take that for what it's worth.

If it is something as simple as a software upgrade then there is no excuse not to have this feature.

With all the cameras around the car, I’m not sure what would be missing ...?

But I have to say - this is the #1 feature in my Cadillac that I’d miss the most. #2 is the rear-view mirror display. Again, one of those “Gosh this seems like a no-brainer for Tesla!” kind of features. Third is the HUD.

Surprised that Tesla doesn’t have any of those 3 features; they’re all supremely useful in their own right, and yet, fairly easy to implement ...

They have GOT to make the seats and seat belts more carseat friendly. The seatbelts are constantly getting twisted, the housing for the belt buckle in the 2nd row chairs in so hard to get to. Many booster seats won't even work in the 2nd row because the housing doesn't extend out of the seat.

Reactions: mattack4000